NOFX

decisions

lol Fat Mike and NOFX and general have some of my favorite personalities in punk. Extremely interesting and honest people which always makes for great interviews. Also have you guys seen Backstage Passport? That show was fucking awesome. Not sure there are many other bands who could pull that off and make it fun to watch.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On July 22, 2016 at 6:03 AM, Poet Danderson said:

You must feel like I follow you around Decisions.

I like a couple of NOFX songs but generally I can't stand Fat Mike, absolute tosser and looks like a right fucking state. 

Hey look, something we agree upon! I've always liked NOFX the band, but fat Mike is a huge douchebag. Tries too hard to offend people because he thinks it's cool. Has no tolerance of anybody that doesn't agree with everything he does. Just an all around tool. 

I love Fat Mike, I've never seen an instance of him being "intolerant". which I would define as a personal attack of some sort against someone for simply being different than him. He's just brash and direct, which will offend some people and that's the just the way it is. For example when he went on that conservative comedian's talk show in 2004 to talk about punkvoter, he made his intentions known but it's not like he just shouted in the dude's face or something. Same thing in the "NOFX goes to Bible camp" video, he lets everyone know that he doesn't believe in God but really isn't all that mean to them or anything. You see this at the end when he greets one of the dudes from Amber Pacific, a band which has no punk cred whatsoever.

In short, you are one of the many people by Fat Mike for no real good reason.

I've gone off NOFX since the last show I saw of theirs, where they were disinterested, cranky (Mike started culling songs off the setlist at one point)  and generally boring to watch, and the show culminated with Mike kicking a fan in the face. The new song sounds pretty shit to be honest, though I've never liked Melvin's vocals.