NOFX

decisions

17 minutes ago, raw_sounds said:

Fuck off, he didnt said that.

You gotta learn to read between the lines ... and between the lines of Davey's response is a big old middle finger, right in your face. He stuck it up his butt first just so you'd get the whole damn 'shutting your shit down' experience!

• Like 1

On 19/12/2016 at 4:07 PM, daveyjones said:

fat takes paypal and you can buy just the mp3s (no worries on postal or shipping).

Dude please read a little about my country (Venezuela) you will find our economy and social situation is fucked up, i really cant buy trough dollars, the only way i have to support the bands is to listen and appreciate their music, sorry if you consider im stealing or anything, i just want to enjoy some music on my phone while we get trough everyday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raw_sounds said:

Dude please read a little about my country (Venezuela) you will find our economy and social situation is fucked up, i really cant buy trough dollars, the only way i have to support the bands is to listen and appreciate their music, sorry if you consider im stealing or anything, i just want to enjoy some music on my phone while we get trough everyday.

No worries, Raw! I'm American, have plenty of money to waste and steal the fuck out of music! Steal away, bub!

As a musician myself I give you permission.

Just so we are the same page though I'm not gonna read a damn thing about your country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MSandt said:

Lol. How's the revolution going?

Awful bad

59 minutes ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

No worries, Raw! I'm American, have plenty of money to waste and steal the fuck out of music! Steal away, bub!

As a musician myself I give you permission.

Just so we are the same page though I'm not gonna read a damn thing about your country.

Yes! but dont tell Dave!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

They're probably risking to be banned from a few platforms (festivals? other stuffs?), even though I can't see how since they basically own the punk rock scene. I'm sure it's just damage control. It's all fun and games until you start losing sponsorship money.

Mike is getting soft in his old age.

But really, I'm sort of surprised they would "care" that they made bad, insensitive jokes. That's sort of the show they've been putting on for a while now.

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

Mike is getting soft in his old age.

But really, I'm sort of surprised they would "care" that they made bad, insensitive jokes. That's sort of the show they've been putting on for a while now.

They were just kicked out from their own fest! I mean, what they said was bad and insensitive, but I didn't expect this whole backlash. What a shit storm this is turning out to be. They fucked up big time.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=391829401299610&id=271749829974235 

Edited by Elisa

People are way too mad about this joke. It’s frickin’ NOFX. 

With cases like this we need to look at the intention of people. Fat Mike supports gun control, doesn’t actually want country fans to get shot...How about we get mad at government officials who don’t want to do anything about gun violence? 

This kind of jokes are pretty sensitive. I'm not against about dark humor, but definitely you have to know how to do it, and where. The timing is important too, specially when you're making jokes about some dramatic event in which several people were killed.

Nowadays, it all gets stickier, as long as political correction is getting really deep into ourselves. So, yeah, it all can get messy.

I'm not defendin them. I can't stand Fat Mike since yesteryear, so, well...