NOFX

decisions

5 hours ago, jd9973l said:

I liked the record. It's nofx your not going to get this crazy awesome record. It's up to par for them imo and that's good to me.

Couldn't have said it any better, some you be acting like NOFX was gonna write out this rock opera. This is a NOFX record and it has everything you come to know and love about them. 

46 minutes ago, bojangles said:

Couldn't have said it any better, some you be acting like NOFX was gonna write out this rock opera. This is a NOFX record and it has everything you come to know and love about them. 

I didn't expect that at all! I did expect decent, catchy songs ... what I got was a mess of shit. It isn't even mediocre for NoFX, it's just awful.

It sounded pretty weird at first listen because it's something I didn't expect from NOFX. It's a dark album because it reflects the tones of their book that came out in April but it's not that bad, some songs are catchy but that's it. I've listened to this album quite a few times in the last couple of days because I have an interview with Fat Mike this week but I don't feel like listening to it again in the future. 

It's okay by NOFX standards, there's a few catchy songs, but it is darker and missing a lot of the humour that NOFX lyrics usually have.

I think I'd like Oxy Moronic a hell of a lot more if I'd never seen the awful video they made for it. It's about as subtle as an air raid, and just really cringey all round, even if the subject matter is pretty on point. Transvest-lite is a pretty good tune though.

7 hours ago, Broken English said:

It's okay by NOFX standards, there's a few catchy songs, but it is darker and missing a lot of the humour that NOFX lyrics usually have.

I think I'd like Oxy Moronic a hell of a lot more if I'd never seen the awful video they made for it. It's about as subtle as an air raid, and just really cringey all round, even if the subject matter is pretty on point. Transvest-lite is a pretty good tune though.

Oxy Moronic is like the same melody(and like a bad version of Xmas Has Been X'ed) for 4 minutes. The lyrics are funny enough, but I can't sit through that song. I do like Transvest-lite a lot too!

22 hours ago, thongrider said:

Oxy Moronic is like the same melody(and like a bad version of Xmas Has Been X'ed) for 4 minutes. The lyrics are funny enough, but I can't sit through that song. I do like Transvest-lite a lot too!

Yeah, Transvest-lite and California Drought are the two main highlights. I quite like I Don't Like Me Anymore as well, but the rest varies from mediocre to utterly forgettable. Like pretty much everything NOFX has ever put out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, daveyjones said:

no, i simply suggested that stealing music is wrong. by all means, listen to it for free on youtube. and if you like the album, buy it.

I live in Latin america, cant buy trough dollars, music stores dont sell punk rock over here (only mainstream suff). I would buy it if i could.