The next CD should have more songs along the lines of "Cynical" and "Left Alone"

elgu

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

So the next album should be all NOFX songs and Dog Eating Dogs throwaways?

Don't see the NOFX comparison except maybe the lyric melody structure... But you did make me rediscover them and damn 6 years on dope is absolutely great.  Wish blink hired this lyric video guy instead

How can anyone tolerate the left alone verses. They are the least blink thing I've ever heard and just awful.  It actually made me dislike skiba for a moment. 

The chorus is as generic as possible not sure why it's getting this hype makes me question some ppl..

It's absolutely my least favorite song on the album..I have something I like in every other song but left alone 

4 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Don't see the NOFX comparison except maybe the lyric melody structure.

really? cynical is a complete NOFX clone, from the chord progressions to the octave chords. which is funny, because everyone called cheshire cat a NOFX ripoff album. which is kind of is. and then they weren't very NOFX at all...until the opening track of california.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

really? cynical is a complete NOFX clone, from the chord progressions to the octave chords. which is funny, because everyone called cheshire cat a NOFX ripoff album. which is kind of is. and then they weren't very NOFX at all...until the opening track of california.

NOFX would never mimic the lyrics in Cynical.. At least from my experience with NOFX.  Also the drum intro is a big part of Cynical. 

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Left Alone chorus is absolutely brilliant. Maybe is generic? (someone explain me why is generic) Don't know, but is a total beast.

It's fucking garbage. How everyone can rip on Sober, SOOHM lyrics when Left Alone is even worse because it's the same bland lyrics but pretending to be a big song. Sober, SOOHM at least are aware of themselves as the poppier songs.

Left Alone verses are so stupid 'do you remember do you remember' in this little kiddy melody, worse than anything else on the album.   'eyes are open words are spoken'  I hate the way they sing that. It reminded me of backstreet boys reunion style singing.

'left alone, we're only half way home' 'sink like stones, fall into the unknown' 'break me down, slowly drown'

Like wtf are we talking about? So stupid imo. It's not deep at all or moving just whatever rhymes with the last word. it feels like they did it in 5 minutes and just wanted a big chorus void filled.  

Here's the worst part. 'do you remember remember the last time, I WOKE UP SOBER' followed next time by 'do you remember do you remember the last time, I LEFT HUNGOVER' followed by 'do you remember remember the last time, that I stayed over'

The only redeeming shit is the drums in the bridge

The opening synth thing so unbearable cheese too.

Worst song on the album and in that category of 'didn't happen' for me with a few tracks on neighborhoods.

Thank God Rabbit hole, San Diego, TOTTM follow it to save it all.

I always imagine Tom singing Left Alone. It would've been perfect for him. It also makes me wonder how DED would sound if it were produced by Feldy. It's one of those "I like it song". And "Cynical" sounds like one of the songs that are standard NOFX, and usually the type of NOFX songs I like the least, even being a huge fan of the band.

My comment was sort of sarcastic though. What I would like to hear on the next album are good song regardless of style. I do get that some people are into wanting a band to have a sound, but why have the sound of another band?