Stranger Things

Scott.

980x.jpg

@M!ke

Maybe some Father John Misty ear-rings will calm you down? These earrings are of the highest quality, offered for those with only the most discerning taste. Privately sourced by Father John Misty in Los Angeles, each stone is meticulously cut from recently-acquired rose quartz crystals in Josh Tilman’s private collection. These stones may or may not be stolen, but are sure to steal your heart.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen the show, sort of off topic, but I hate when child stars or any young kid for that matter tries really really hard to be overly mature and 'wise'.

Just saw an interview of the kid on this show. Was doing this. Reminded me of the sixth sense kid interviews nowadays. It's so annoying

And yes I am saying they need to act immature, that's who they are. Stop trying to act 40. They're just gonna regret it.

Finished it. Good, solid show (not great though), very entertaining. But I didn't like the government subplot at all (especially "Papa"), Eleven's backstory was kinda weak, the design of the monster was disappointing.

8.5/10

So, what do you guys think, is El still alive? Hopper left some waffles for her in the forest? Is this why Hopper stepped in the car of those government people?

Or what about the monster. Some of the stuff was still in Will's body apparently. And for a second the bathroom changed to the Upside Down dimension.

Curious what they will do in S2. Where can they from here?

I think Eleven's still alive. She's probably still connected to the Upside Down in some way. Same with Will.

I think the series would've worked better as a miniseries, but I feel like there's more to explore regarding the Upside Down and its properties, so that may be the direction they're heading in. Regardless, waiting is going to be torturous.

• 1 year later...

Whut? I love him he's great.

This whole season built so much onto the last one. It was basically better in every way and I already loved it. Episode 7 though was a train wreck - it's like someone interrupted Stranger Things to give you a season 3 episode of Heroes. 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Whut? I love him he's great.

This whole season built so much onto the last one. It was basically better in every way and I already loved it. Episode 7 though was a train wreck - it's like someone interrupted Stranger Things to give you a season 3 episode of Heroes. 

Was episode 7 those other outcasts? That epsidoe was so dumb and felt so out of place for that show. I actually fell asleep for 5 minutes during it. 

While I liked this season, i think season 1 was better. I wish they wouldve went more into what the shadow monster actually was. I just think itll never recreate that magic that season 1 had. Still very enjoyable though. 

I was worried about Will in the new season of Stranger Things since he was barely in the first but the kid is amazing, the best kid actor, even better than Eleven. 

I loved Steve this year and the way he has been transformed, he and Dustin together are my favourite thing of this season. Nancy doesn't deserve him.

15 hours ago, Buddy Holly said:

yeah episode 7 was the Outcasts. Disliked all across the internet from what I can tell.

I'm still not sure what to make of Billy's character. If he is just a bully or they are going to build him up to be the antagonist of a season.

My assumption is that he's actually gay, his dad knows and hates him for it, but he's determined to 'not' be hence a lot of his actions, and he has a lot of buried anger and resentment. the comments about 'lucas' might be him genuinely being concerned that Max likes a black kid, because his own father won't accept it if he knows.

Also he seems super gay and seems super into dudes in some of the school scenes. 

That's what I think - I think he's supposed to be an incredibly messed up, abused kid with serious issues and it's turned him into a bit of a wacko.

• Like 1