Stranger Things

Scott.

I have just finished season 2 and I loved it. It was never going to completely recreate the magic of the first season but I think the writing and acting was actually better throughout. I didn't think episode 7 was terrible but it wasn't great. 

I thought Billy was a pretty pointless character overall, what really was the point of him? felt like he was just chucked in for the sole purpose of giving Steve an epic fight scene. Was really hoping that he was going to bang Mikes mum though. 

I love Steve's journey/character development, him and Dustins scenes together were great. I felt so sorry for Dustin too when he got mugged off at the dance but Steve giving him a list and a pep talk was awesome. I'm now totally routing for Steve to bag himself a new babe or at worse, get Nancy back.  

So many hipster douches hate on this show, purely because it's the sort of thing they'd actually normally love but they can't face the fact it's popular to the masses so that opt to pretend it's shit instead and pick holes in it and say how all the original 80's stuff is much better and this is a rip off, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Get a life. 

• Like 2

Saw Season 1 this august and also watched Season 2. Man this show is awesome.

One of my favourite movies are stuff like Alien/Aliens, Indiana Jones 1/2/3, Back To The Future 1/2/3, Friday The 13th 1-4, E.T, The Terminator.

There's something about 80s pop culture that i really like. The movies were meant to be classics and the 80s had a ton of different genres in music thats cool. You have the romantic 80s pop ballads, New wave/post-punk, Glam Rock. Every genre is so distinct and over the top.

I also love the whole cast, even outside of the whole horror/sci-fi element. Just good acting and a emotional story as well

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I have just finished season 2 and I loved it. It was never going to completely recreate the magic of the first season but I think the writing and acting was actually better throughout. I didn't think episode 7 was terrible but it wasn't great. 

I thought Billy was a pretty pointless character overall, what really was the point of him? felt like he was just chucked in for the sole purpose of giving Steve an epic fight scene. Was really hoping that he was going to bang Mikes mum though. 

I love Steve's journey/character development, him and Dustins scenes together were great. I felt so sorry for Dustin too when he got mugged off at the dance but Steve giving him a list and a pep talk was awesome. I'm now totally routing for Steve to bag himself a new babe or at worse, get Nancy back.  

I 100% think he's gay. I think a lot of the issues with his character are to build up stuff with season 3. they touched on a lot of smaller social issues that I think they'll do more with this following season, and I think he's mostly there to build that tension up. and also to give Max some more depth than just 'oh look, it's a girl the boys can fight over that isn't Eleven'

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I 100% think he's gay. I think a lot of the issues with his character are to build up stuff with season 3. they touched on a lot of smaller social issues that I think they'll do more with this following season, and I think he's mostly there to build that tension up. and also to give Max some more depth than just 'oh look, it's a girl the boys can fight over that isn't Eleven'

I just hope he can stay in the closet long enough to bang Mikes mum. 

She look tasty when she got out of the bath to answer the door to him. 

• Like 1

I haven't read any posts in here since the second season came out to avoid being spoiled, but I've been informed about how bad episode 7 is. I'm on schedule to watch it tonight. Do I simply skip it? Or should I still power through it?

16 hours ago, Ghent said:

I haven't read any posts in here since the second season came out to avoid being spoiled, but I've been informed about how bad episode 7 is. I'm on schedule to watch it tonight. Do I simply skip it? Or should I still power through it?

Might be too late but I would power through, it's not the best but I still don't see the point in skipping it. It seems pretty unlinked to the main story currently but I have a feeling it might link to season 3 a little bit more, could be wrong of course. 

17 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Might be too late but I would power through, it's not the best but I still don't see the point in skipping it. It seems pretty unlinked to the main story currently but I have a feeling it might link to season 3 a little bit more, could be wrong of course. 

Yeah, I went ahead and watched it. Pretty bad and pointless, but i'm sure they'll do something with the sister in the future

On 11/10/2017 at 7:15 AM, ...Dan... said:

So many hipster douches hate on this show, purely because it's the sort of thing they'd actually normally love but they can't face the fact it's popular to the masses so that opt to pretend it's shit instead and pick holes in it and say how all the original 80's stuff is much better and this is a rip off, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Get a life. 

So many comments I could make here. But I won't derail the thread

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished S2, it was okay. It had its moments (Bob and Steve were cool characters), but it was basically all set up for S3. What an anti climax! So much build up, and Eleven just closes the gate in one minute (and of course she recalled her cringe ''lesson'' by Eight from that horrible episode 7).

Demo-dogs made the show look like a cheap Sci-Fi. The Jonathan/Nance plot line was pretty much pointless, same for Billy and Max.

This will be Lost all over again. The writers had no fucking clue what to do after S1.

Amazing first season, but S2 was average at best imo.

23 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Just finished S2, it was okay. It had its moments (Bob and Steve were cool characters), but it was basically all set up for S3. What an anti climax! So much build up, and Eleven just closes the gate in one minute (and of course she recalled her cringe ''lesson'' by Eight from that horrible episode 7).

Demo-dogs made the show look like a cheap Sci-Fi. The Jonathan/Nance plot line was pretty much pointless, same for Billy and Max.

This will be Lost all over again. The writers had no fucking clue what to do after S1.

Amazing first season, but S2 was average at best imo.

I agree with your points and criticism, but I still very much enjoyed it. If season 1 was 9/10, season 2 was at least 8-8.5/10. 

You are right about the LOST comparison, though. It's just the nature of the genre of these types of shows (mystery/suspense and full of cliffhangers). They can only keep that momentum going for so long and that mystique until it loses steam or they don't answer all of the questions. The OA on Netflix will be in a similar position as well. Stranger Things seems more planned out than LOST, though. LOST half-assed its explanations for the island/Dharma Initiative. Stranger Things has backed it up so far, and has broadened the scope of the show by having more "mutants" (Eight), which will keep it fresh for the next few seasons I think.

On 10/11/2017 at 3:58 PM, ...Dan... said:

I just hope he can stay in the closet long enough to bang Mikes mum. 

She look tasty when she got out of the bath to answer the door to him. 

Mate she does it for me. I’d love a go on the filthy minx. She’s absolutely gagging for cock ffs. Her husband is a disgrace sleeping on the chair like some slob, Billy needs to slam her into next week. 

Anyway just finished series 2 and absolutely loved it. Better than the first for me. Agree that ep7 was weird and a bit cringe. Wtf was up with the Indian girls accent?? Anyway it was a good episode just felt like I was watching a different show. Can’t wait for season 3. Loved the last scene with the police playing. I love the 80s.