The Pursuit Of Tone: Tom Doc

Lauren

5 hours ago, Since88 said:

Why the hell do you care if it isn't the actual guitar he used, if he sold the real one he probably had them do a replica for the sake of the documentary. He doesn't care, he's a millionaire. It's coffee money for him.

Also: To you guys that questions his stories just because you haven't heard him tell them before; you don't think he has gained some stories over the last 20ish years? Just be glad that he's actually did a documentary that has some cool stories and gear talk and that shit instead of talking about aliens and changing the world.

Some of you guys is trying real hard to find something to bash him for. 

oh I've heard him tell the oasis story before. I believe he ran into one of them in Detroit. I don't believe he said "you're the best I've seen in America." tom probably created the conversation in his head. just like he does when he says that he talks to Travis about shit they don't actually talk about.

and do you honestly think this documentary isn't going to have long rants about To The Stars? it's specifically being advertised as something that covers his entire career. he is absolutely going to talk about aliens and changing the world.

i reserve the right to trash him for this. documentaries are supposed to be real and he's lying about minimal shit. wouldn't be hard to talk about the actual gear he used before enema. or mention that he used the Gibson for BCR but sold the original one. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I could have sworn Tom sold the Box Car guitar during one of his gear-selling sprees. Because I specifically remember wishing that I had tons of money to blow on it. I'd fucking love to own that guitar.

Now that you mention it, I think you're right.  I think he sold it on that shitty app that his wife made.

7 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I could have sworn Tom sold the Box Car guitar during one of his gear-selling sprees. Because I specifically remember wishing that I had tons of money to blow on it. I'd fucking love to own that guitar.

He used two when he was on tour. The one he sold he only used a handful of times while on tour with boxcar. 

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

THIS is what I was thinking too, he definitely was pimping a BCR guitar for some absurd amount.

23 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

no, those guitars are the same. the over my dead body sticker is the only one that was removed and put back in a slightly different position.

How was he able to remove some stickers like the Transplants despite being under other stickers without messing up those stickers in the process, moreover, why would he remove some of the stickers?  Seems awfully fishy to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M!ke said:

How was he able to remove some stickers like the Transplants despite being under other stickers without messing up those stickers in the process, moreover, why would he remove some of the stickers?  Seems awfully fishy to me.

It's definitely fishy.  I just don't understand what the purpose would be.  Like you really made a look-alike replica of a guitar you used to use....why?  99% of people won't notice or care.  And you could just say in the documentary "I used a guitar very similar to this one" and nobody would care either.

these stickers have a plastic feel, you can easily remove and reapply that type. the 7seconds sticker was probably partially unstuck when he removed the transplants one. it now overlaps the h2o sticker.

the ege of the guitar is tricky. the stickers there (e.g. h2o) is more eroded now than before, and it makes it look different.