2016 Summer Olympics

Chewy030

Fiji are incredible at 7s. The 7s were great fun and GB did amazing to get a silver after only being together as a team for weeks rather than years.

Australia do great, mainly due to the lifestyle. Everybody is so active over there and the weather is great. 

Just got back from a camping trip so I haven't watched much. Obviously what Phelps has done is insanely impressive.

Also really impressed by Penny Oleksiak for Canada. 4 medals in swimming and  has already set the record for most individual medals for a Canadian in a summer olympics. And she's 16. Her brother also plays in the NHL, really athletic family. 

Really looking forward to watching more of women's soccer. Always the most exciting thing to follow in the summer olympics as a Canadian. 

• Like 1

Does anyone else here think sports like tennis, rugby and golf should be dropped from the Olympics? Tennis especially. They have four major tournaments during the year and I'm sure the top players like Novak and Serena had their minds set on the US open which starts soon. To me the Olympics are about the sports you only get to see this competitively every four years.

38 minutes ago, dyls5 said:

Does anyone else here think sports like tennis, rugby and golf should be dropped from the Olympics? Tennis especially. They have four major tournaments during the year and I'm sure the top players like Novak and Serena had their minds set on the US open which starts soon. To me the Olympics are about the sports you only get to see this competitively every four years.

I think it should just be whatever sports fit the season and are in demand.

I am really excited for surfing, skateboarding, and rock climbing potentially being in the 2020 Olympics though.