The Menzingers - new album

Broken English

I listened to it a lot driving today, absolutely love it. Greg takes a much bigger role on vocals, but I like them both equally so that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I think I finally pinpointed why I love the Menzingers so much. It's because all of their songs sound like genuine, true stories of their lives that they have eloquently translated into songs. They all sound like real stories that have happened to them, and they're not just writing songs to make music but rather to reflect on their lives. It feels like a pretty unique strength for a band nowadays.

• Like 2

I'd never listened to an album of theirs before but one of the songs from this album came up on spotify radio so I've downloaded the record, listened this morning. it's alright I guess, not seeing the fuss compared to other bands of the same genre but I don't *hate* it so I'm going to give it a few more go rounds. usually takes me a few listens to fully know how I feel about an album. 

On February 9, 2017 at 5:17 AM, Kay said:

I'd never listened to an album of theirs before but one of the songs from this album came up on spotify radio so I've downloaded the record, listened this morning. it's alright I guess, not seeing the fuss compared to other bands of the same genre but I don't *hate* it so I'm going to give it a few more go rounds. usually takes me a few listens to fully know how I feel about an album. 

On The Impossible Past is their best album IMO. Give it a few plays and you'll see why. One of the best punk/pop-punk albums I've ever heard.

• Like 1