Pulp fiction

Inglorious basterds 

Django

Reservoir dogs

Kill Bill 1

Kill Bill 2

Jackie brown 

Hateful 8

Havent seen death proof.   And for some reason I just can't get into h8.   I wanted too because his recent work even without his editor have been phenomenonal.

I would have loved to see Sandler in basterds and to a lesser degree will Smith in Django 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, M!ke said:

Meh, to each their own.  I found Inglorious to be severely overrated in my opinion.  I think Django is absolutely the best of his most recent three which all seem to share the same kind of tone it seemed to me.  

Hard to say severely overrated, I've seen many that feel the same as you. It was definitely his 'jock' movie, so to speak. Testosterone heavy, machine guns. I'm not a big action flick guy, but I am a sucker when Tarantino brings it, and he brought that in full in Inglorious compared to the rest.

I think Inglorious really comes down largely to the tongue-in-cheek humor. If you didn't like, the whole movie would suffer. I was dying at the Italian scene, or anything Christoph walz did. The tension in the opening scene and the bar scene are two of the best things he's ever done. Such good characters. Not to mention him getting actors from different countries was super cool. I honestly love everything about the movie, except maybe the baseball bat beatdown was a bit much, I didn't mind it until he kept taking shit that far the next two movies.. Maybe Eli Roth's distracting acting too. But that's about it. 

Everybody has different taste. Kind of hard to explain Tarantino movies btw

It's crazy how Tarantino can be so good at his own thing - quirky characters, dialogue, story structure, soundtrack, etc and make a great film... But then also whip out the best shootout scene ever (Django after Calvin shot), the best sword battle (Kill Bill vs crazy 88), or the best torture scene (reservoir dogs ear scene), etc. 

1. Reservoir Dogs

2. Inglorious Basterds

3. Pulp Fiction

4. Kill Bills ( I honestly can't separate them in my head)

5. Django Unchained

6. Death Proof

I've yet to see Jackie Brown or H8. despite their ranking I literally love all 6 of these films, even Death Proof. I know most people hate it but I adore it haha it's so stupid. I need to rematch Django, only saw it the once but I imagine it could be higher if I'd seen it a few more times. Reservoir Dogs was the first big film that I was like "this is AWESOME!!!" so it always has top spot for me. I know Pulp Fiction is technically amazing but I prefer Reservoir Dogs and Inglorious Basterds just so much more. I saw Inglorious in the cinema and it was just so fantastic to me, I think I've seen it like 10 times now, fabulous films. 

I loves me some Tarantino. 

There's so many things about Tarantino movies that stand out to me compared to most movies. The characters all act and talk like we do in person. Compare a Tom Cruise movie to a Tarantino one. In a Tom Cruise movie, nobody will talk about every day things we do in life. In a Tarantino movie, they talk about shit loads from cheeseburgers in France, foot massages or whatever.

Definitely man, yeah I remember reading some interview where he said his movies aren't meant to be funny, but it's how the characters are. Django I found hilarious at times. The part in Basterds where the woman tries to explain how she broke her leg to Hans, who ends up laughing for like 30 seconds straight was great.

On August 23, 2016 at 9:59 AM, GrimCityGirl said:

1. Reservoir Dogs

2. Inglorious Basterds

3. Pulp Fiction

4. Kill Bills ( I honestly can't separate them in my head)

5. Django Unchained

6. Death Proof

I've yet to see Jackie Brown or H8. despite their ranking I literally love all 6 of these films, even Death Proof. I know most people hate it but I adore it haha it's so stupid. I need to rematch Django, only saw it the once but I imagine it could be higher if I'd seen it a few more times. Reservoir Dogs was the first big film that I was like "this is AWESOME!!!" so it always has top spot for me. I know Pulp Fiction is technically amazing but I prefer Reservoir Dogs and Inglorious Basterds just so much more. I saw Inglorious in the cinema and it was just so fantastic to me, I think I've seen it like 10 times now, fabulous films. 

I loves me some Tarantino. 

I love Death Proof, that ending is so damn satisfying haha.  

I can see Death Proof being the hipster cult classic in 20 years. As 'the Tarantino movie that flopped'.  I mean his movies have the highest earning per budget ratio of anyone.  Death Proof actually flopped in the middle of all that.

I personally like it for what it is. It's just a slasher grind house throwback. Not trying to be a masterpiece.

Everyone should check out True Romance and dusk till dawn for fun if the haven't. Good fun films Tarantino was involved with 

3 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Oh yeah. Django is almost a comedy for me. It's more or less a hybrid of revenge exploitation, action, and dark humor.

Django is definitely almost a comedy to me as well. Obviously not the subject matter but seriously some parts in that film are straight comedic gold. Big Daddy was hilarious to me. But it's so bad at the same time..

'See dear Django is a freeman'

'Soo, you want us to treat him like white folk?'

'NO, that's not what I said'

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:07 PM, ungroovy said:

Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds are the only Tarantino films I've ever seen.

*spreads arms in surrender, preparing for the firing squad*

I have only seen Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained
thought maybe I was the only one who hasn't seen all his movies around here haha