What percentage of TMTATS do you think is actually live?

Ghost

What percentage of The Mark, Tom and Travis Show is actually live?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of The Mark, Tom and Travis Show is actually live?

• 100 %
    • 75 %
    • 50 %
    • 25 %

3 hours ago, boxelder said:

there's a bootleg available of one of the performances they recorded for TMT&TS. surprisingly, a lot of it doesn't sound wildly different than the album. if i had to say what percentage is actually live, i'd say 75%. they probably re-recorded a few vocal takes and guitar/bass parts, but not many. and that's going off the recording

'We're all going to get laid!' Got such a huge cheer ??

6 hours ago, Clarke said:

But I will say this, they sounded damn good around that time. 

i agree that they sounded really good around 1999-2000, but this video isn't the best example... :D sounds like they used an official ("doctored") version of atst live as the audio track, definitely not the real thing they played on that stage.

I voted 50%, I think the drums are probably totally 100% live, I imagine most of the banter and audience stuff is live takes stitched together from different shows, I imagine all of the vocals were re-done and maybe some of the guitars were, or there were guitars added if nothing else. possibly not bass so I think it's a toss up. 

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I want to see that Travis interview now where he says it was all pretty much fake. I've never seen it. Super interesting.

Doctored or not, I still absolutely love the sound of the album so I don't even care.

What would be boring now would be a new live album of their current set, also fixed in the studio. The way they play songs live now, it wouldn't be interesting enough to make a live album out of, with all the backing tracks, and playing the songs exactly the same tempo as the recordings, etc... I think a live album today would be stupid. HOWEVER I would totally love to get a live DVD of some sort.

On Twitter Mark recently answered "yes" to whether or not another live album was a possibility.  I would be so stoked on a live album/DVD combo! 

I feel that most of Tom's vocals were re-done with the exception of Dammit since it sounds way different than everything else he sings.

On 2016-08-30 at 2:38 PM, Ghost said:

They have to put out a live DVD. I mean, if we don't consider the bonus videos on the Urethra Chronicles II, maybe blink is the one band which has not released a live DVD.

The Chicago show is edited to hell really, it doesn't sound live at all. The two videos from London on UC1 is so much better since that's actually live.

2 hours ago, Emil said:

I feel that most of Tom's vocals were re-done with the exception of Dammit since it sounds way different than everything else he sings.

The Chicago show is edited to hell really, it doesn't sound live at all. The two videos from London on UC1 is so much better since that's actually live.

Yeah, it's pretty noticeable.

13 hours ago, Emil said:

Now that you mention it, I agree. The UC1 vids sound live, but the 5 vids from UC2 have some type of editing. Not a surprise since that Chicago show was used as bonus tracks many times

That Minneapolis show from 03 or 04 is probably edited too 

• 2 weeks later...