Does anybody like older/projection HD TVs better?

Jan Backing Track

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

I like how 5-6 years ago a hipster became a replacement word for "cool person I don't like".

Idk, I've lived in Minneapolis and watched hipsters single handedly take over, destroy that city for me.

They're definitely a thing.  I don't hate them, it's much better than crime or something, it's just how much there is of them.. And why they feel entitled to flood every great city with their bullshit. 

It's kind of contradicting, how a hipster is suppose to be ultimate independent, yet there's sooo many of them and they all dress the same now, all tatt up and wear the same hair... Is it even hipster? Wouldn't that be TRENDY with that style now?

2 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Idk, I've lived in Minneapolis and watched hipsters single handedly take over, destroy that city for me.

They're definitely a thing.  I don't hate them, it's much better than crime or something, it's just how much there is of them.. And why they feel entitled to flood every great city with their bullshit. 

It's kind of contradicting, how a hipster is suppose to be ultimate independent, yet there's sooo many of them and they all dress the same now, all tatt up and wear the same hair... Is it even hipster? Wouldn't that be TRENDY with that style now?

I think those are just people...

Hipsters do take a lot of the culture and character out of a city. It's great that the crime rate goes down but a lot of the locals get priced out and the neighborhoods change rapidly. NYC really isn't the same city anymore and it's a little sad. It's safer but every second store is now a hipster vegan coffee shop or some organic cafe that all look the same. When I first moved to NY, my neighborhood had a lot of Puerto Rican restaurants and delis but over 3 years that changed and it was really sad to see. It didn't feel like the same neighborhood anymore.

• Like 1

I'm sure we have just as many here than you do. I don't see the problem. Oh no, too many coffee shops? Oh jeez what will we do? What culture are they taking away? Gentrification is a problem, but it's not because people dress cool.

What makes you assume it's strictly about their clothing? I think it's lame they all wear the same thing and claim independence at the same time...but it's by far the least of the annoyance.

More so the anti-smile pretentious douchelord persona majority carry and flood the best cities out there.

I once asked a hipster bartender at a brewery house (a hipster hot spot) if they had a certain local beer that 'hasnt been released yet' apparently, I taste tested it a week beforehand, and he wouldn't serve me or my friends because I referred to it as the name and not 'secret formula #10' and said we're gonna have to find another bartender.