American Football. NCAA/NFL

Chewy030

8 minutes ago, Alan Rickman said:

So I just watched a video and the eagles actually got a hand on the ball. So that kicker shouldn't have to kill himself 

I think he hit like 5 off the post just this year though in crunch time was the messed up part, that he ends up double doinking it to end their season

19 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

I think he hit like 5 off the post just this year though in crunch time was the messed up part, that he ends up double doinking it to end their season

Oh yeah I've seen the montage and that dude is wrecked. He'll never make another kick again that matters. Just this one for sure was tipped. 

• Wow 1

3 minutes ago, Alan Rickman said:

Yeah it's crazy how that got missed. I think just the emotion and given his body of work of "Doinks" it slipped by the initial reporting.

They did the same thing to Pete Carrel and Russell Wilson.  While I STILL would have ran that ball and think it was a bad call, Beast Mode was 1/5 on goal line runs that season.. It wasn't as horrific as they made it, that's an easy throw Malcom Butler made a heroic play.

• Like 1

I'm stressed out about this weekend's games. I'm gonna be pissed if the Saints come out and choke and the Rams finally got their shit together. If Philly ends up winning again i'm gonna RAGE.

On another note, My nephew works at LG and can get me 50% off on tv's. I don't know if you've all seen that amazing LG OLED screen but they only make it in a 65". I need the 75-80" range but the quality is soo much better on the 65" Oled. Cheaper and bigger, or more expensive smaller and amazing quality.

The other factor is This would become my gaming TV and Smaller is preferred for such. But Football is soo much more enjoyable to me, but really only happens a few months out of the year. I don't know what to do. 

• Wow 1

45 minutes ago, Alan Rickman said:

I'm stressed out about this weekend's games. I'm gonna be pissed if the Saints come out and choke and the Rams finally got their shit together. If Philly ends up winning again i'm gonna RAGE.

On another note, My nephew works at LG and can get me 50% off on tv's. I don't know if you've all seen that amazing LG OLED screen but they only make it in a 65". I need the 75-80" range but the quality is soo much better on the 65" Oled. Cheaper and bigger, or more expensive smaller and amazing quality.

The other factor is This would become my gaming TV and Smaller is preferred for such. But Football is soo much more enjoyable to me, but really only happens a few months out of the year. I don't know what to do. 

Dude, I need a TV.  Hook me up with this connect.  The easy answer is always  cheaper and bigger.

Screw all those extra pixels you don't need...the stores set them strategically anyways.  After a few beers you don't even notice.  Especially for sports, size matters, it's a whole nother level of entertainment on a giant massive screen (65 is pretty big tho ?). I have a 38 inch leftover after my last move and It severely lacks...but I don't mind it for just surfing the web/netflix.

Me and my friend have actually been traveling to this sports bar with 200+ inch TV's and sound system for big games and it literally changes your life.  I opt to go there then even over a live event because it's so fricken intense.

It also completed a room nicely.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Its not the kickers fault they lost the game, its a 60 minute game, but it was his fault the kick didnt go in. It was a 43 yard try, he has to launch it over the line. Some guy shouldnt be able to just jump and tip it.

I wonder if Pats/Chargers will have memorable moments like the last 2 times they played. Marlon Mcree fumbling the GW INT and Rivers playing with a torn ACL

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, NJansaid said:

Dude, I need a TV.  Hook me up with this connect.  The easy answer is always  cheaper and bigger.

Screw all those extra pixels you don't need...the stores set them strategically anyways.  After a few beers you don't even notice.  Especially for sports, size matters, it's a whole nother level of entertainment on a giant massive screen (65 is pretty big tho ?). I have a 38 inch leftover after my last move and It severely lacks...but I don't mind it for just surfing the web/netflix.

Me and my friend have actually been traveling to this sports bar with 200+ inch TV's and sound system for big games and it literally changes your life.  I opt to go there then even over a live event because it's so fricken intense.

It also completed a room nicely.

I think that's what i'm leaning towards. i have a massive wall and a 80 would look supreme on. What really grinds my gears is these morons I work with who scoff at me getting such a behemoth of a TV. I've seen their 27 inch pieces of shit. People who can't tell the difference between SD, HD and 4K have likely been fooled by a tranny or two in their day. I just feel like Broadcast TV isn't at the point where the OLED would truly be maximized so I could comfortably be fine with an 80 inch 4K and not feel too bad that it isn't the ultra sexy model. 

I'm on the other side though. I don't necessarily have anything against Brady. I wish to hell he was my quarterback and I love his dedication. I think I'd go for him over anyone in the superbowl minus Dallas. However in the Patriots/Chargers game I'm going for Rivers. I love that ass hole. 

• Wow 1

dude my brother just got a TV and has that auto-smoothing feature on it. they can't tell it's on and it drives me crazy. everything looks faster and weird outside of live events. they can't tell and think I'm fucking with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1