Brand New's Brand New Record

Kay

3 hours ago, tom18222 said:

i never said anything about her age or whether anything he did was right or wrong, all i said was that she acknowledged that she knew at the time that it was not right, and continued to go along with it anyways.  not really sure how that makes me an idiot, but i've been called worse before.

So your complaint is why she didn't say/do something right away? There are plenty of reasons why, just off the top of my head:

-She didn't want to jeopardize her career considering she JUST started in the industry, and throwing a frontman of a popular band under the bus right away probably isn't a great way to develop your reputation and build connections/network.

-She was at a vulnerable age where she wasn't exactly aware of what was happening, and the morality of the sexual advances he was making.

-He probably slowly and gradually preyed on her. Like he probably emotionally manipulated her into doing a lot of the things, on top of the career incentives. It's less black and white when it's happening, especially at the beginning.

-This #metoo campaign wasn't around back then. It was more rare and less common place for women to publicly call out sexual predators. 

I shouldn't have to explain this. People like you are why she had an issue making this public. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Clarkerpes said:

So your complaint is why she didn't say/do something right away? There are plenty of reasons why, just off the top of my head:

-She didn't want to jeopardize her career considering she JUST started in the industry, and throwing a frontman of a popular band under the bus right away probably isn't a great way to develop your reputation and build connections/network.

-She was at a vulnerable age where she wasn't exactly aware of what was happening, and the morality of the sexual advances he was making.

-He probably slowly and gradually preyed on her. Like he probably emotionally manipulated her into doing a lot of the things, on top of the career incentives. It's less black and white when it's happening, especially at the beginning.

-This #metoo campaign wasn't around back then. It was more rare and less common place for women to publicly call out sexual predators. 

I shouldn't have to explain this. People like you are why she had an issue making this public. 

i truly don't believe you have the mental capacity to understand what i am saying. all you do is just insult me and then say a bunch of shit i already know. not even going to bother.

@tom18222 I wanted to give you a chance to maybe articulate yourself better, but yeah I would say you really don't understand what grooming is and how it can be so easily to coarse young people into horrible abuse. Just because at 5, I knew not to get into vans with strangers, doesn't make every 5 year old at fault for getting abducted. You're being absurd.

Casey might be aggressive, but he is probably just as if not more intelligent than you are.

On 1/25/2018 at 3:03 AM, Clarkerpes said:

My post or the article?

Jesse Lacey sucks. His biggest appeal to me was how genuine he is, but now he's just a creep. I mean, I guess his lyrics are genuinely creepy now as well. 

The article. I'm not insanely shocked, and I don't think any fan should be, when I really think about what I already knew about him. Being a sick person is often a very sick thing. It's not all drinking alone and being a bad boyfriend. I hate that he did this.