The Tom Delonge Appreciation Thread

Low Value Boy

1 hour ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Is this a Tom Delonge safe Space?

In that case I have a confession.... I bought Sekret Machines this week , and I'm finding it enjoyable. Not sure how much of it is true but you can tell it is all A.J. Hartley and is a well written book

I was under the impression that it was swear words left and right and sounding like a pissed off teenager, is that not the case? This is a genuine question, I've kind of wanted to read it since it came out but don't wanna spend a single penny on it. Still on the hunt for 100% off ebook of it if anyone can point me in the right direction ;)

1 minute ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

I was under the impression that it was swear words left and right and sounding like a pissed off teenager, is that not the case? This is a genuine question, I've kind of wanted to read it since it came out but don't wanna spend a single penny on it. Still on the hunt for 100% off ebook of it if anyone can point me in the right direction ;)

Thats Strange Times and Poet Anderson. 

Just now, Rocky Braveheart said:

Quite right. Same applies, wanna have a little read of them, but dont want to pay lol

I think I have the unedited version of Poet anderson as a PDF on my home laptop, I'll double check. it was like a pre-release version or something. I couldn't make it past the first chapter but you know, you do you ;)

2 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Not many swear words. The book so far (I'm 140 pages in) has about 5 different stories going on and the chapters switch between them. It's surprisingly well written and there are no teenage characters, no angsty characters. No idea where you can find it for free though

11 minutes ago, Kay said:

I think I have the unedited version of Poet anderson as a PDF on my home laptop, I'll double check. it was like a pre-release version or something. I couldn't make it past the first chapter but you know, you do you ;)

haha, if you can hook me up that'd be shibby. i'll see how far i get lol

Can't really hype him up for any of his non-Blink activities post-05, but I definitely will say that Blink without Tom is missing a crucial wildcard type of energy that he brought. It's hard to put into words, but while Skiba is exciting to some people, and obviously he's very competent, but he doesn't have that wildcard energy that Tom brought to the stage and the songs, that made him and Mark such great counterparts.

• Like 7

While I'm glad blink pushed forward and I love Skiba/California (and definitely think we wouldn't have gotten an album by now with Tom), listening to DED right now bums me out at what could have been.  Boxing Day prechorus always gives me chills and seems like a statement on blink's past/future with Tom in a way.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Is this a Tom Delonge safe Space?

In that case I have a confession.... I bought Sekret Machines this week , and I'm finding it enjoyable. Not sure how much of it is true but you can tell it is all A.J. Hartley and is a well written book

I read the book not too long after it came out and I thought it was great!

1 hour ago, Nshesaid said:

Too much Tom on the Blink boards now.. When's that EP coming out. December? I'm starting to get all paranoid from his alien stuff. I want to go back to hating on Feldman production moments.

The EP isn't coming out this year

12 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I think that's the smart way to go since the songs are coming from the California sessions. They're leftovers/b-sides, rather than like the next "new release."

Really? Hope we can buy it separately then, like the b sides only. We don't need a whole deluxe version of an album we already have

5 hours ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

haha, if you can hook me up that'd be shibby. i'll see how far i get lol

I can't for the life of me find it, I assumed I downloaded it but I think it was a live link instead, sorry bud!