Blink 182 European Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

I refuse to pay more than 20 bucks to see a band. Most places here in town I still know people at the venues to get back stage or I know the band's enough to get on the list. Anything more is fucking robbery ... 500 pounds is a rape.

• Like 1

I'll try and get a standing ticket at face value, fuck those packages. Fucking shameful they're even an option to be honest.

With those being announced I was inspired to check out some recent live performances by blink. what the fuck is wrong with them? slow, no energy and both Marks and Matts vocals sound terrible. at least before there was an element of not giving a fuck and having fun while sounding bad.

They've even declined pretty drastically live since the first performances with the new line up. I would still like to see it for myself to fully judge but expectations aren't exactly high. if Im going to see blink sound shite live I'd rather they do it properly in their Tom Delonge original format than the current zombie-182.

2 hours ago, AudioFranzzz said:

- 3 July, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, UK
- 4 July, Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham, UK
- 5 July, First Direct Arena, Leeds, UK
- 7 July, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, UK
- 9 July, Newcastle Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle, UK
- 11 July, The SSE Hydro, Glasgow, UK
- 14 July, Manchester Arena, Manchester, UK
- 15 July, Liverpool Echo Arena, Liverpool, UK
- 17 July, Bournemouth International Centre, Bournemouth, UK
- 19 July, The O2 Arena, London, UK 

Bournemouth is a strange one. 

18 minutes ago, Scott. said:

£500 is ducking disgusting. The band have nothing to do with those prices though right because if they do then they're dead to me. 

Hey did you hear? Princess Diana died in a car crash!

Seriously though, this is OLD news. They've had these packages during the US summer tour too and way before that in like 2011 they had them as well. Supply and Demand sets the prices, and apparently they aren't expensive enough as they sold the fuck out for each show in the US. Its just a cherry on top of the money they get for touring. I use to go crazy on this stuff, but it is what it is. I gave up or matured, or something.  Don't like it, don't buy it.

28 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I'll try and get a standing ticket at face value, fuck those packages. Fucking shameful they're even an option to be honest.

With those being announced I was inspired to check out some recent live performances by blink. what the fuck is wrong with them? slow, no energy and both Marks and Matts vocals sound terrible. at least before there was an element of not giving a fuck and having fun while sounding bad.

They've even declined pretty drastically live since the first performances with the new line up. I would still like to see it for myself to fully judge but expectations aren't exactly high. if Im going to see blink sound shite live I'd rather they do it properly in their Tom Delonge original format than the current zombie-182.

I would only agree with you on Matt with that bolded one, Mark has great energy, Matt just kind of I don't know, is boring as fuck onstage. I thought reunion Tom was bad....but at least he had charisma to make up for it.

10 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Hey did you hear? Princess Diana died in a car crash!

Seriously though, this is OLD news. They've had these packages during the US summer tour too and way before that in like 2011 they had them as well. Supply and Demand sets the prices, and apparently they aren't expensive enough as they sold the fuck out for each show in the US. Its just a cherry on top of the money they get for touring. I use to go crazy on this stuff, but it is what it is. I gave up or matured, or something.  Don't like it, don't buy it.

Yes I know that but I don't remember U.S packages being $600 ish? 

6 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I would only agree with you on Matt with that bolded one, Mark has great energy, Matt just kind of I don't know, is boring as fuck onstage. I thought reunion Tom was bad....but at least he had charisma to make up for it.

Mark is better than Matt but watch videos from a few years back of Mark compared to now, you'd be surprised how much less energy and stage presence he shows now.

Starting to look like Matt doesnt really enjoy being in blink that much, maybe it's just a meal ticket for him, heart isn't really in it but money is too good to turn down? sounds familiar...?

17 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Mark is better than Matt but watch videos from a few years back of Mark compared to now, you'd be surprised how much less energy and stage presence he shows now.

Starting to look like Matt doesnt really enjoy being in blink that much, maybe it's just a meal ticket for him, heart isn't really in it but money is too good to turn down? sounds familiar...?

We will see as soon as Trio does a show!

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Yes I know that but I don't remember U.S packages being $600 ish? 

They were $500 I think, the extra $110 or so might just be an exchange rate thing. I am not sure. Maybe they did jack the prices a little.

Ya know, its a business, people seem to forget that. They aren't our friends, they aren't looking to give us a price deal (unless it benefits them). They want as much profit as possible.

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

The more time that has gone on, the more I feel like Matt is just not a great fit. First, Matt/Mark struck out big time trying to write songs together, I guess the chemistry was not there,  and had to bring in Feldman. Next, Matt and Mark sound too similar so the vocal tradeoff is not so great, third, yeh, Matt actually doesn't sound that great live, fourth, he has no energy,

and finally, I know you are a musician, I am as well, and honestly, I hate to say it, but watching Matt live, I felt like I could have got onstage and done better, I could have put more energy into and probably sang better too.

matt is just in the same phase as travis was when he joined blink. i remember in the first 2-3 years he was always there for interviews, and said absolutely nothing.

matt's behavior is obviously a bit strange, but i can understand it, he's outside of his comfort zone. it's hard to acclimatize, especially if you have to play someone else's songs, and if your new band just made an album and you barely wrote anything on it. we know feldmann didn't let matt shine on california ("that would have been too alkaline trio-ish"), he just wrote a couple of simple verses. but he has to talk about it as he was a real contributor...

california is a good album, but it definitely makes matt look like a miserable newbie. and it's a shame, because he can write 20 great songs in a year for sekrets/trio. his real style would make any album amazing. but for some reason feldmann or mark or the marketing team behind california thought that would not please blink fans. they were wrong.

11 hours ago, ManchesterAdam said:

Bored to Death package (£129.50)
Standing ticket
Early entry to the venue 
watch Blink-182 soundcheck 
VIP Blink-182 merchandise 
Exclusive VIP laminate 

Feeling This package (£219.50)
Standing ticket
Early entry to the venue 
Exclusive VIP laminate 
An individual photograph with Blink-182

Everything's Gonna Be Fine package (£489.50)
Standing ticket
Early entry to the venue 
Exclusive VIP laminate 
Access to VIP dressing room before the show
Snacks and drinks 
Say hi to the band backstage before the show

Wow, this is all a big pile of shit. Fuck that. I can see tickets on their tpur (not festivals) reaching 60€. If so, I'm passing TONS of seeing them.