Blink 182 European Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

It looks as though the current UK arena tour is the 'California' tour from last year, guessing by the production and setlist. I'd say the next set of US shows will get 1 or 2 DLX songs and HISALP.

I was at the Birmingham show on Friday and their 'optional' songs included Carousel, Always, M&M's and Man Overboard but got Los Angeles, SOOHM, KOW and Sober instead ? They are playing Cali songs, but the ones that suck unfortunately!

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

A year ago we were complaining that their 90-minute sets were way too short (which they were) and now he we all are wishing they would go back to at least 90 minutes. What the fuck blink-182.

Why play for 90 mins or longer when you can charge the exact same (actually slightly more) and play for 70 minutes. 

Usual fanboys will make excuses for them once again I'm sure. 

• Like 3

I think bands that do short shows like this, don't like performing live. I know the Beatles use to play in Germany in the early days for like 4+ hours and had a blast.

By the time they stopped touring, their show was 30 minutes, and they hated it, because no one could hear them play over the screaming, they use to stop playing and utter obscenities into the mics and now one would even hear it. They also started releasing albums and not playing anything off the new albums and just doing the same stale setlists. Sound familiar?

The shows reek of Blink not wanting to play live. How do you not even play your recent singles/songs? Its strange stuff.

• Like 1

I'm still looking forward to seeing them but shorter sets, boring setlists, more expensive tickets along with the meet and greet extortion bollocks comboned with uninspired songwriting just makes me think they don't really care that much anymore and are just setting themselves up for retirement while they still have some stock left. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jane said:

Yeah I guess if I had never seen them live before I'd still go.

It kind of makes me sad that after waiting for years for them to return to my country I didn't even wanna see them.

I've seen them 5 times before and this is def the least excited I've been. Sure I'll still have a laugh when there though. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

^it's quite strange. Maybe Matt can only take so much?

This reaks of Mark IMO. Travis is in incredible shape and is a machine that could play all night, Matt's in good shape and runs the stadium stairs before each show, Mark often comes out in PJs for soundcheck and has a gut lol. Not sure if Mark just doesn't have the stamina anymore or what, but I don't think Matt would join Blink and start dictating set list times.

12 minutes ago, Jane said:

Yeah I guess if I had never seen them live before I'd still go.

It kind of makes me sad that after waiting for years for them to return to my country I didn't even wanna see them.

I've never seen them live, this tour has just made me wish I'd been able to see them before now. ironically I didn't want to see them last time because I didn't want to see drunk Tom ruin blinks legacy live, now I'm like I'd actually rather see that show. hindsight and all that. 

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

I've never seen them live, this tour has just made me wish I'd been able to see them before now. ironically I didn't want to see them last time because I didn't want to see drunk Tom ruin blinks legacy live, now I'm like I'd actually rather see that show. hindsight and all that. 

So sorry to hear you've never seen them :-(

And same here, I'd rather see them with slurring, messed up Tom now, never expected that to happen, ever. But honestly, since you have never seen them, I'd still say go. Because who knows if we ever get the chance again? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jane said:

So sorry to hear you've never seen them :-(

And same here, I'd rather see them with slurring, messed up Tom now, never expected that to happen, ever. But honestly, since you have never seen them, I'd still say go. Because who knows if we ever get the chance again? 

I think i'd rather have never seen them then see them like they are now, because to me it isn't the same band. it wouldn't be the opportunity I missed, just some weird half version. I'm very all or nothing when it comes down to it.

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I think i'd rather have never seen them then see them like they are now, because to me it isn't the same band. it wouldn't be the opportunity I missed, just some weird half version. I'm very all or nothing when it comes down to it.

Even if you hate this version, know the setlist, and know you'll hate it beforehand--it's still absolutely worth going just to see Travis Barker play drums live once in your life IMHO! They're only overseas for 9 more days, who knows when/if they'll be back. Do it Kay! Go!

• Like 1

Honestly I'd pass on new blink live. I'm happy I got to go to a show with my sister who was too young in blink's heyday but now i have a bad taste of live blink in my mouth that won't wash out. Super uninspired setlist, boring crowds, short runtime, Matt standing there shouting...eh. 

It's like this: I've only seen the first 3 Indiana Jones movies, never saw the 4th. So in my mind, as years have passed, it's like there's still only a trilogy. I can look back fondly on Indy and his adventures whereas all my friends just talk about how shitty Crystal Skull was. That's the best comparison to going to 3 awesome blink shows and then a 4th show that was very underwhelming.