Blink 182 European Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

I once saw blink at a festival and they played just before Metallica. The crowd was probably the worst I've ever seen at a blink show because most of the crowd were just waiting for Metallica to come on stage and had no interest in blink whatsoever. It will be interesting to see how the reaction is at this festival in Norway.

I think the reception will be pretty good. Yes it has been a metal festival since it started up three years ago, but people have also been asking for bands like this to meet the other rock genres fans in norway. After all fans of Blink and punk rock fans in general in Norway have been screaming to get Blink to the country for about 16 years. I don´t care to much what other people think of it anyway, I still can´t belive that Blink is coming to my home town! 

Sweden and Norway are so cool and people are very open minded. Last summer The Descendents played at a festival where every other band on the bill was super pop and there were a lot of djs but I have a friend who is studying there and went to the show, he said that he had a blast. It won't be a problem for blink, only in Italy people throw rocks and bottles at them. 

I was watching a video a couple of years ago where they were recalling that moment as one of their worst memories as a band. It's shame it was in my own country.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Henningstar said:

yeah, thats probably excatly whats gonna happen. Because your show sucked this one gonna suck too.

Watch videos from this past tour. The crowds are dead.

That wasn't even the point. The point I was trying to make was that if the crowd sucks at an actual blink-182 headlining show, then the chances of the crowd being good at a metal festival are pretty low.

58 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Watch videos from this past tour. The crowds are dead.

That wasn't even the point. The point I was trying to make was that if the crowd sucks at an actual blink-182 headlining show, then the chances of the crowd being good at a metal festival are pretty low.

I imagine for a lot of the european shows you'll see a very different audience. I think people forget how little blink come over this way, a lot less so for countries that aren't the immediate obvious choices (UK, france, germany, etc) You're going to have fans from all kinds of backgrounds having possibly their only chance to see them live, I imagine they'll be going mental. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kay said:

I imagine for a lot of the european shows you'll see a very different audience. I think people forget how little blink come over this way, a lot less so for countries that aren't the immediate obvious choices (UK, france, germany, etc) You're going to have fans from all kinds of backgrounds having possibly their only chance to see them live, I imagine they'll be going mental. 

That's true. That was just in response to Henningstar to make the point that it wasn't only the show I went to that was like that. Most of the US tour seems to have had pretty lame crowds from what I've seen, which is weird because the crowds were crazy the last two times I saw them. I do imagine the actual blink fans who get to see them in Europe will be more into it. My friend and I were trying to be more active crowd members at the show we were at but it just sucked because everyone else was just standing there.

I'm genuinely curious to see what the crowd is like for a blink set at a metal festival.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

That's true. That was just in response to Henningstar to make the point that it wasn't only the show I went to that was like that. Most of the US tour seems to have had pretty lame crowds from what I've seen, which is weird because the crowds were crazy the last two times I saw them. I do imagine the actual blink fans who get to see them in Europe will be more into it. My friend and I were trying to be more active crowd members at the show we were at but it just sucked because everyone else was just standing there.

I'm genuinely curious to see what the crowd is like for a blink set at a metal festival.

Tbh I think they may respond better than the A Day To Remember fans. I think that had more to do with the lackluster crowd at the blink shows than anything else. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Tbh I think they may respond better than the A Day To Remember fans. I think that had more to do with the lackluster crowd at the blink shows than anything else. 

The weird thing about the show I was at (and I can't speak for the whole US tour on this one, as I haven't watched any ADTR live videos other than their Alk3 cover) was that the crowd was like 20x more energetic for A Day To Remember than they were for blink-182. Constant movement. And then everyone just stood around for blink. It was very strange to me. Maybe where I live there is a huge concentration of ADTR fans that I didn't know about. I don't understand why it was like that.

14 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The weird thing about the show I was at (and I can't speak for the whole US tour on this one, as I haven't watched any ADTR live videos other than their Alk3 cover) was that the crowd was like 20x more energetic for A Day To Remember than they were for blink-182. Constant movement. And then everyone just stood around for blink. It was very strange to me. Maybe where I live there is a huge concentration of ADTR fans that I didn't know about. I don't understand why it was like that.

its probably because ADTR is what brought them to the show and they stayed around for blink in a general 'well we may as well' kind of way. as much as the album hit number one, they're still quite old news for a lot of these kids. I can't believe I just used that phrase...

Just to add in - Blinks concert at Tons of Rock is beeing held at oldest and biggest fortress i Norway, Fredriksten Festning in Halden. The atmosphere is very special and is and excellent place for concerts, festivals, operas etc :) I geniuly think that this will be an epic concert - we've waited a loooong time for this..

Fredriksten+Festning.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Henningstar said:

Just to add in - Blinks concert at Tons of Rock is beeing held at oldest and biggest fortress i Norway, Fredriksten Festning in Halden. The atmosphere is very special and is and excellent place for concerts, festivals, operas etc :) I geniuly think that this will be an epic concert - we've waited a loooong time for this..

Fredriksten+Festning.jpg

And when they finally comes around, it's a lesser version of the band.