Blink 182 European Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

Just now, ryan1125 said:

Mark really underestimates how much people want to hear California/Deluxe stuff with Matt being there now IMHO. 

If they really want to turn the page they need to do it and change the set list up, embrace Matt, and quit making him belt out Tom songs he doesn't know.

Absolutely agree

6 hours ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

The swiss main radio station cited blink as the absolute lowpoint of the greenfield festival, no energy or joy on stage at all.

Looks like they stepped up their game as the tour goes on

https://www.srf.ch/radio-srf-3/highlights/festivalsommer/der-musikalische-rueckblick-vom-greenfield-2017

well, it can be on the website of a radio station, but it's just the opinion of one guy.

reviews and other opinion articles are pointless.

My friends went to see blink last night, they said the majority of the crowd was there for Linkin Park and those who were there for blink only sang the new songs + ATST and WMAA. They were never sure about Skiba but they told me they really liked him and that he was better than Mark who looked dead and struggled to sing during the whole set. They also had to cut a few songs from the setlist so it was shorter than the usual.

I didn't go because it was a chaotic festival in an autodrome and I had already spent quite some money this week but I'll see them next month in England. @Osgod did you go then? 

5 hours ago, Elisa said:

My friends went to see blink last night, they said the majority of the crowd was there for Linkin Park and those who were there for blink only sang the new songs + ATST and WMAA. They were never sure about Skiba but they told me they really liked him and that he was better than Mark who looked dead and struggled to sing during the whole set. They also had to cut a few songs from the setlist so it was shorter than the usual.

I didn't go because it was a chaotic festival in an autodrome and I had already spent quite some money this week but I'll see them next month in England. @Osgod did you go then? 

What show you going too?

On 17/06/2017 at 0:01 PM, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

The swiss main radio station cited blink as the absolute lowpoint of the greenfield festival, no energy or joy on stage at all.

Looks like they stepped up their game as the tour goes on

https://www.srf.ch/radio-srf-3/highlights/festivalsommer/der-musikalische-rueckblick-vom-greenfield-2017

Not really a surprise. Blink are a joke live. Probably one of the worst live bands i can think of. They're embarrassing. If someone bought me tickets I'd fuck them off for free. No wum 

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

What show you going too?

The first show in London, July 19th. I already regret buying the tickets but I'm coming over with some friends and we're staying for a week, so it will be our holiday. We don't want to spend the entire week in London cause we've been there so many times and it's too expensive. My best friend wants to visit Liverpool because she loves The Beatles, I think we're also going to Brighton one day, then I have no idea.. If you guys from the UK have some suggestions, I'm all ears! ?

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

The first show in London, July 19th. I already regret buying the tickets but I'm coming over with some friends and we're staying for a week, so it will be our holiday. We don't want to spend the entire week in London cause we've been there so many times and it's too expensive. My best friend wants to visit Liverpool because she loves The Beatles, I think we're also going to Brighton one day, then I have no idea.. If you guys from the UK have some suggestions, I'm all ears! ?

You should go from Liverpool into Wales and climb Snowdon and then from Snowdonia to Portmeirion which is about 25 mins away in a car.

i don't really know tbh. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scott. said:

Not really a surprise. Blink are a joke live. Probably one of the worst live bands i can think of. They're embarrassing. If someone bought me tickets I'd fuck them off for free. No wum 

I saw them on friday and don't agree with you. By far their best performance in the total of 7 blink concerts I have seen.

• Like 1

On 18.6.2017 at 0:53 PM, Elisa said:

Didn't make it either. Had to sell the ticket because of work stuff. Friends of mine went who are not that into Blink. They said they were average. But I'm sure I would have enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Didn't make it either. Had to sell the ticket because of work stuff. Friends of mine went who are not that into Blink. They said they were average. But I'm sure I would have enjoyed it. 

Same here, it was a busy week, but athe least I got to see Descendents last sunday. I think we would have enjoyed blink no matter what but my friends said that that festival was a real mess. It's always better so see blink in arenas when they headline their own show at the end of the day. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kcx182 said:

Thank you.

Forgetting how Mark destroys Cynical intro, and how flat/out of breath he sounds sometimes, what impresses me the most is how they are only playing 7 California songs (2 of them being 'joke songs') on a 22 song setlist. Well, it's 1/3 of the set, to be honest, but I don't know... I get the point on them playing the classics, but I think they should make the shows larger and include more Cali songs.

Edit: And Matt still playing wrong the muted power chords on the Always verses (B-Bb-G#) and simplifying the chorus' ones to the B-F#-G#-E. I mean... is not able to see he's playing them wrong? Is not able to figure the right ones? On the chorus' there's no problem, it match, so to say, but that Bb he's playing on the verses...

On 6/18/2017 at 7:57 PM, Elisa said:

Brighton is awesome, lived there for three years and loved every second of it - really small and feels like more of a town than a city but it's absolutely packed with cool things to do. London is great too but like you say very expensive and you may as well check out other places too if you've been there a few times.

Cornwall is awesome too, Newquay is the party town and always good for a laugh with nice beaches and there are plenty of other quieter places like Truro/St Ives that are very picturesque but also a bit quieter. Only thing is that it's a bit out of the way.

Another place that is really cool that isn't too far from London is Canterbury, only about an hour on the train and would be a great day trip, would recommend going on a little boat tour round the canals.

e7maFg5.jpg 

canterbury-cathedral.jpg

I have never been Liverpool but always hear great things about it, same goes for Newcastle.

Hope that helps a bit! 

• Like 1

Thank @...Dan...! Yeah, I love London, there's always something to do and people are nice, I don't get the hate at all. We've been there so many times so we're staying for a few days and then we also would like to see something else. Brighton looks like a nice place to visit on a sunny day, we're defnitely going. And I've always heard great things about Cornwall, I think the scenery is lovely. We actually talked about going there but it's probably too far and the trains are expensive :'( I feel like Cambridge might be the better option. 

Double post but there's this guy from virgin radio italy that had an interview with Mark last friday and asked him about a tour as headliners in europe (because right now they're only playing festivals) and he just said that Mark's answer was "probably autumn/winter". The interview isn't out yet, I just heard it on the radio, I'll keep you up to date though. Even if "autumn/winter" doesn't sound right to me, they never came to Europe in autumn or winter because it's best for Travis to travel in the summer.

14 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Double post but there's this guy from virgin radio italy that had an interview with Mark last friday and asked him about a tour as headliners in europe (because right now they're only playing festivals) and he just said that Mark's answer was "probably autumn/winter". The interview isn't out yet, I just heard it on the radio, I'll keep you up to date though. Even if "autumn/winter" doesn't sound right to me, they never came to Europe in autumn or winter because it's best for Travis to travel in the summer.

They did some headlining shows as well on this tour, e.g. Munich.