Blink 182 European Tour 2017

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The truth comes out, The Last Train Home is about blink playing short sets so their fans can catch the last train home.

Here we are with big T  

I went to see them tonight and it was great. Looked like they were having so much fun on stage. And despite his health issues, Mark sounded good too. How did I feel during the show? I think at times i

Posted Images

Just got back from the Cardiff gig. I had the feeling this VIP package. I managed to have a quick conversation with Mark whilst they were preparing the photo shoot.

I asked what would they like the next album to sound like. He said he wants to try some more experimental stuff like untitled (everyone cheered).

He also said he had a problem with the Welsh language and he didn't understand why all the vowels were replaced with 'y'. Then we briefly discussed how the Welsh language kind of influenced the Elven language in LOTR.

I also asked if he saw much of Cardiff and he said he only arrived 2 hours ago. I then asked for a pic with my phone and he said sure (then everyone started asking and security had to stop it).

Had a cool signed poster that I wasn't expecting and I also had a pick. 

I went in thinking VIP won't probably be worth it, but felt very different after the soundcheck.

Probably the most fun I've had at a blink gig as I managed to get right at the front. 

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, Matticus said:

I asked what would they like the next album to sound like. He said he wants to try some more experimental stuff like untitled (everyone cheered).

So Mark isn't totally evil then..

3 hours ago, Matticus said:

Just got back from the Cardiff gig. I had the feeling this VIP package. I managed to have a quick conversation with Mark whilst they were preparing the photo shoot.

He also said he had a problem with the Welsh language and he didn't understand why all the vowels were replaced with 'y'. Then we briefly discussed how the Welsh language kind of influenced the Elven language in LOTR.

I also asked if he saw much of Cardiff and he said he only arrived 2 hours ago. I then asked for a pic with my phone and he said sure (then everyone started asking and security had to stop it).

I went in thinking VIP won't probably be worth it, but felt very different after the soundcheck.

Probably the most fun I've had at a blink gig as I managed to get right at the front. 

Cool story, seems like you might have been "that guy" though.

What I mean is, its like when there is a huge traffic jam, and there is "that guy" who thinks he is more special than the rest of the people and he can just ride his car up the shoulder.

What I mean is, its like when there is a huge traffic jam, and there is "that guy" who thinks he is more special than the rest of the people and he can just ride his car up the shoulder.

Quite an unnecessary comment. I didn't get that vibe from his story at all.
  • Like 8
4 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Dude, when we were queuing for the photo he was standing 5 feet away from us. He wasn't doing anything or talking to anyone. 

It was my only chance to strike up a convo with him so why the hell wouldn't I? I saw an opportunity and took it. I got my money's worth. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Matticus said:

A guy I know on facebook, also called Mat, posted a picture of him and friends with Mark claiming it was worth his £50 ticket, which to me suggested he didn't get the package. Either he was lying or you could have met him without the extra cash - I imagine Cardiff is the only place small enough to get away with that though. 

Still glad I didn't go, I was sick as hell yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, Kay said:

A guy I know on facebook, also called Mat, posted a picture of him and friends with Mark claiming it was worth his £50 ticket, which to me suggested he didn't get the package. Either he was lying or you could have met him without the extra cash - I imagine Cardiff is the only place small enough to get away with that though. 

Still glad I didn't go, I was sick as hell yesterday. 

I can believe that. The whole crew were surprisingly very relaxed and cool about everything yesterday, so it wouldn't surprise me if you were in the right place you could've met Mark.

I bought VIP for a guaranteed M+G with them. Wasn't really bothered about the merchandise beforehand but the poster is really cool. I came away very happy (more than I thought I would).

Blink performed well. It did feel like they raced through the set a bit though, and it was only 75 mins. Mark interacted with the crowd quite a bit. Matt kept to himself. He did have a quick rant because some guys were throwing glow sticks at him. Travis was awesome as usual.

I really enjoyed the supporting acts too. Frank Turner got the crowd pumped before hand. I'd never heard his stuff before, he was awesome.

Frank is a joy, shame his latest album totally sucks.

Can't believe their set is only 75 mins for their headline tour in the UK, what a damn joke. 

The set list is 75 minutes because there's no banter anymore. With Tom, it was 90 minutes because they would spend 2-3 minutes between a couple songs doing jack shit just messing around. They're playing roughly the same number of songs. Just disappointing the personality of their live show is gone and they don't bother to try to replace it with something new that fits with matt.

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

The set list is 75 minutes because there's no banter anymore. With Tom, it was 90 minutes because they would spend 2-3 minutes between a couple songs doing jack shit just messing around. They're playing roughly the same number of songs. Just disappointing the personality of their live show is gone and they don't bother to try to replace it with something new that fits with matt.

Nah. They actually only did banter every 2-3 songs or so when I saw them. In fact I remember being disappointed about the lack of banter in my 2009 show. Especially compared to all the YouTube videos and MTATS. Though Tom did take 99% initiative of the crowd interaction in all 3 shows I saw, including Riotfest. I guess playing through songs as quickly as possible before the casual fans realize Matt isn't Tom is the "something new" that Mark is trying with Matt.