The Next Time Tom Joins Blink On Stage Again

Hit me up Jans ex

8 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Odd...I hear just as much from members here about how Mark can't hit notes like he used to, like in Bored to Death.

Yeah I have a lot of concerns about Mark's vocals of late, too. although to be fair I think they only seem so bad lately because Bored to Death is so difficult for him to sing, plus I swear we all just put up with Mark's vocal issues because Tom's were so much worse in comparison when they were both on stage. Now that Matt started off really strong but is a bit hit-or-miss over time, Mark's weaknesses are more apparent. plus he can't hit half the notes on the tracks on California. I actually think they'd both be fine if the songs were tuned down a bit. 

• Like 1

At some point Tom will be back but not so soon, he doesn't seem interested in music anymore, and if he wants to be in blink, he needs (at least) to reconnect with music. But I can't see him committing to a long ass tour like the one they did this summer or spending days out there with the guys promoting a new album, as much as I can't see Mark giving him another chance. Unless it's only because of money

I used to think his return was inevitable, but he's gotten even crazier since he got kicked out. I don't think it's a guarantee at all anymore.

The longer he's out the more unlikely it will be for him to come back. At a certain point it will simply be too awkward.

His best bet to stay relevant is to hunker down and write a good album. The stuff he's doing now is a disaster. Needs to ditch AVA and start a new band imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Yeah I have a lot of concerns about Mark's vocals of late, too. although to be fair I think they only seem so bad lately because Bored to Death is so difficult for him to sing, plus I swear we all just put up with Mark's vocal issues because Tom's were so much worse in comparison when they were both on stage. Now that Matt started off really strong but is a bit hit-or-miss over time, Mark's weaknesses are more apparent. plus he can't hit half the notes on the tracks on California. I actually think they'd both be fine if the songs were tuned down a bit. 

I feel like California was so needlessly pitched up. It's technically the highest Mark has ever been made to sound makes no sense considering they need to tour playing those songs lol. He's pulled it off pretty well imo

• Wow 1

5 hours ago, helen_hoppus said:

i'm sorry dude, but i really don't care what you think

What I said wasn't really meant to be what I think... or anything for you to care about, it was a statement. It'll be funny to see you get all pissy over Tom when he comes back,  twas a statement, not something that needed approval lol. I even said it nicely bro lol.... Also, if you didn't care, why'd you bother to reply... I guess you're trying to be all edgy and stuff, show how much you don't care by telling me how much you don't care. Well, you sure showed me!

• Like 4

I doubt many people would get pissy. I think you're just defensive about it because you have an unhealthy relationship with Tom.

I'd be stoked for him to come back...ASSUMING he was mentally stable and not just ripping everybody off to fund more lameness.

3 minutes ago, Live Fast Die Fun said:

What I said wasn't really meant to be what I think... or anything for you to care about, it was a statement. It'll be funny to see you get all pissy over Tom when he comes back,  twas a statement, not something that needed approval lol. I even said it nicely bro lol.... Also, if you didn't care, why'd you bother to reply... I guess you're trying to be all edgy and stuff, show how much you don't care by telling me how much you don't care. Well, you sure showed me!

oh, god.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

47 minutes ago, Live Fast Die Fun said:

Sooo how can you state that it will be funny to see Helen's reaction when Tom comes back and not think that it will be funny to see Helen's reaction when Tom comes back? Wtf?

Leave her alone, dude. From what I understand, she said she doesn't care what you think because it doesn't matter to her what anyone thinks about how angry she might be if Tom comes back. Helen doesn't care what anyone thinks about her it seems.

edit: words

• Wow 1

I'm 50/50 on the whole thing. I used to think there was no way he'd ever be back. He's too insane, too many burnt bridges, Mark and Travis have seen the "other side" at this point and know they can go on without him, etc. But for some reason I could see it happening now. I think it will depend quite a bit on how well Blink 182 II's second album does in (hopefully) 2018 or so.

California was a huge hit, a total feel-good story for the band, and gave them new energy they haven't had in years and years. BUT I think a lot of that was driven by the curiosity factor of having a new co-frontman, and a simplified throwback sound that was comfortable at first glance but (for some people) maybe not as meaningful or essential. I'm not sure if that same approach on the next album will have the same awesome results.

If they kick it up a notch and put out a followup that shows they are truly on a new path and have the drive and creativity to make some kickass music, I think they just forge on without Tom. If they put out California Part II, AKA another kinda manufactured poppy album, and Skiba still doesn't put a big mark of his own on the band, I could see them thinking "Let's do one last tour with Tom and Skiba to commemorate Enema and call it a day, thanks for the memories everybody!"

12 hours ago, Ghent said:

tombots have now resorted to complaining that blink has only released ONE #1 album without Tom in only a couple years time hahaha wow

Lol right...they were 1/1 without him and 1 out of how many with him that went #1?

• Wow 1

If you look back far enough, when California was leaked I called it my favorite Blink album. i loved Skiba so much, I thought the band was soo much better without Tom. Time has passed. California is my least favorite Blink album. I want Tom back so bad. Matt is great, dont get me wrong. But Tom is simply Tom.

• Wow 1