California Nominated for Best Rock Album

Nasa

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Of course he would have walked on stage with them, why wouldn't he have? He was the producer and co-writer.

Wait, he wrote stuff on this record????

how the hell does cage the elephant win though. That band is so terrible. The worst radio "rock" music ever. 

19 minutes ago, Kay said:

As much as I dislike the record I am gutted for Mark. his ego is fragile, I hope he took the loss well. 

Yeah I hope they could care less, but I really think they thought they would win it. (To the point of where I thought they knew already.) All of their social media was hyping it up hardcore, from Feldy to Skye to Trav's drum tech and everything. I'd be bummed, and would probably leave early too LOL. That would suck to know you lost and have to sit through it all.

Hopefully they just felt honored to be mentioned in the first place, and set out to prove the academy wrong with the next record.

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

Those Cage The Elephant bands didn't have their producer did they?

I don't know, it wasn't on tv, but if their producer wasn't heavily involved like Feldmann was, then probably not. I think Cervini would have went on stage as well. He was there.

Of all the nominees, I think Cage the Elephant deserved the award the least. Not totally fair for me to say because I haven't actually listened to the album all the way through, but from what I did listen to there was absolutely nothing special about the music. I'm not a PATD fan by any means, but I'd rather listen to them than Cage based on what I've heard.

Feldy knew they lost pretty quickly. 

He looks super bummed, and immediately played the "Whatever my life is great" card. Later he posted another picture with PATD's lead singer that said something like "We didn't win but that doesn't mean we don't fucking rock!"  LMAO.

fe.PNG

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Of all the nominees, I think Cage the Elephant deserved the award the least. Not totally fair for me to say because I haven't actually listened to the album all the way through, but from what I did listen to there was absolutely nothing special about the music. I'm not a PATD fan by any means, but I'd rather listen to them than Cage based on what I've heard.

It seems to have been the most critically acclaimed album of all the nominees. The lead single also got major airplay on alt stations. I personally think the album is boring, but I'm not offended that it won or anything. Seems like fair play to me.

40 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Mark didn't even stay for half the Grammys, he didn't give a shit about hanging out with the celebrities. He left after twenty one pilots won which was like forty five minutes into the show. Probably bummed about losing, which I would be too.

edit: oh yea I guess this answers champs question. Yea they left shortly after the awards began, they just cared about their nom.

Oh weird! I figured they just got worse seats than the Barkers haha. Kinda strange considering they knew they didn't win before the actual broadcast started.

Just now, Ghent said:

It seems to have been the most critically acclaimed album of all the nominees. The lead single also got major airplay on alt stations. I personally think the album is boring, but I'm not offended that it won or anything. Seems like fair play to me.

Sounds fair, I'm oblivious to how well any of these albums have performed except for California. I just think it's boring.

10 minutes ago, knapton said:

Wait, he wrote stuff on this record????

how the hell does cage the elephant win though. That band is so terrible. The worst radio "rock" music ever. 

seether/three days grace/shinedown/puddle of mudd/any 00s radio rock band would like to have a word with you

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

Yeah I hope they could care less, but I really think they thought they would win it. (To the point of where I thought they knew already.) All of their social media was hyping it up hardcore, from Feldy to Skye to Trav's drum tech and everything. I'd be bummed, and would probably leave early too LOL. That would suck to know you lost and have to sit through it all.

Hopefully they just felt honored to be mentioned in the first place, and set out to prove the academy wrong with the next record.

I never got the vibe that they thought they were going to win. If anything, I think they were so shocked and stoked they got a nomination that they treated that as a "win" it itself, which is why they hyped it up a little bit. Think about it, they went 20ish years with goofy MTV/Teen Choice type of stuff as their only award recognition, then suddenly they get nominated for a Grammy? I think they were just super proud and amused by the whole thing and had fun with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I never got the vibe that they thought they were going to win. If anything, I think they were so shocked and stoked they got a nomination that they treated that as a "win" it itself, which is why they hyped it up a little bit. Think about it, they went 20ish years with goofy MTV/Teen Choice type of stuff as their only award recognition, then suddenly they get nominated for a Grammy? I think they were just super proud and amused by the whole thing and had fun with it.

Exactly...i don't get why them being excited for this is somehow being used against them now. It was their first Grammy nomination and it came after period of major turmoil and reformation. Why wouldn't they be excited/honored?

• Like 1