California Nominated for Best Rock Album

Nasa

24 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

TOTTM is definitely one of my favorites on California, and probably the most "blink" sounding song on that album to me. Love that bass intro, it is very underrated IMHO.

same here, really. I dislike the production still, but the song overall is easily one of the highlights on the record for me. it's just pretty fun without being totally pandering. plus the skiba verse is so 'him' it's nice to see on a record where he barely seems present. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I did not watch the Grammy's. I don't think anyone does when only white artists win. But Feldmann needs to keep his hands off this corpse that is blink. He's just a bad fit. To be honest blink hasn't been the same since Finn passed away. He truly was the 4th member.

I didn't realize Chance the Rapper, Drake, Beyoncé, and Lil Wayne were white. TIL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

I did not watch the Grammy's. I don't think anyone does when only white artists win. But Feldmann needs to keep his hands off this corpse that is blink. He's just a bad fit. To be honest blink hasn't been the same since Finn passed away. He truly was the 4th member.

lol wut.

and Finn was the 4th member. Now Feldmann is. He's not going anywhere. If I was you I'd either adapt or quit following the band.

• Like 1

Can't believe Twenty One Pilots went up there in their underwear, beating out blink-182 the band that got famous for being in their underwear. 

And this is right after blink put out a music video reprising their running around naked video .. 

I can't quite put my finger on what this feeling is, but it's kind of like blink's legacy has evolved on to newer and fresher acts now, and they are the ones that won the grammy's. Meanwhile blink put out a record that sounds like 10 years ago and a music video parodying itself from 10 years ago.. I can't comment too much on how innovative or different twenty one pilots is, but the record sounds pretty good and interesting to me. Even though the Grammy's get shit on by critics, it should still be given to artists or an album that pushes the envelope somehow, and California is anything but pushing the envelope..

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, supervic said:

Can't believe Twenty One Pilots went up there in their underwear, beating out blink-182 the band that got famous for being in their underwear. 

And this is right after blink put out a music video reprising their running around naked video .. 

I can't quite put my finger on what this feeling is, but it's kind of like blink's legacy has evolved on to newer and fresher acts now, and they are the ones that won the grammy's. Meanwhile blink put out a record that sounds like 10 years ago and a music video parodying itself from 10 years ago.. I can't comment too much on how innovative or different twenty one pilots is, but the record sounds pretty good and interesting to me. Even though the Grammy's get shit on by critics, it should still be given to artists or an album that pushes the envelope somehow, and California is anything but pushing the envelope..

They weren't even nominated in the same category as Twenty One Pilots dude.

1 minute ago, Nasa said:

Twenty One Pilots' fans drive me absolutely nuts. Their music is okay bordering on mediocre imo. I think their lyrics are better than their instrumentation though.

Their fans were tolerable before blurryface with vessel. Then blurryface came along and they basically became the face of the current emo scene.

Just now, NotNow said:

Their fans were tolerable before blurryface with vessel. Then blurryface came along and they basically became the face of the current emo scene.

True that. That's when my best friend really started getting into them.

I do prefer them to former emo scene leaders--FOB, MCR, bands like them.

55 minutes ago, Ghent said:

They weren't even nominated in the same category as Twenty One Pilots dude.

lol fuck! Replace what I said with Cage

Shows how much I know any of the other acts, really

I was rambling about Twenty one pilots because I was reading about how they are on Fueled by Ramen and their contemporaries are within that next generation pop punk scene