California Deluxe Album

Ghent

1 hour ago, Helen Hoppus said:

i washed my hands of this. it's totally weird. 

Relax...

Soon there is new music from Feldy to enjoy and get your head around.

I guess this time the sound will be a bit different and there will be more breathing room for the three to alter their sound a bit and get creative. It would make no sense to release basically a similar sounding record again. I'm still excited - it's Blink! I will always listen to their stuff. :)

She's right though, it's totally weird. You got bent out of shape and personal because someone who doesn't even speak English as their first language didn't response to your massive serious post in response to her obvious joke. 

I hate this "I'm mad at Helen so I'm going to retort about how she's attractive and thats the only reason people like her" attitude.

Helen is cool - not because she's attractive, but because she gives no shits. She's funny and laid back and she's entertaining to have around. Having serious discussions is fine and all but there's no need to be such a condescending asshole when someone doesn't want to be involved. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Jane said:

I'm not really up to date, but will this be a "California deluxe version" or actually a new record with completely different songs? And if so, why call it California deluxe version?

We think it might have to do with the contract they signed, like they can't release new music until so many months, blah, blah, but can if it's under "California".

34 minutes ago, Jane said:

I'm not really up to date, but will this be a "California deluxe version" or actually a new record with completely different songs? And if so, why call it California deluxe version?

so, we know exactly that there will be another version of "hey i'm sorry" ;D

31 minutes ago, Kay said:

She's right though, it's totally weird. You got bent out of shape and personal because someone who doesn't even speak English as their first language didn't response to your massive serious post in response to her obvious joke. 

I hate this "I'm mad at Helen so I'm going to retort about how she's attractive and thats the only reason people like her" attitude.

Helen is cool - not because she's attractive, but because she gives no shits. She's funny and laid back and she's entertaining to have around. Having serious discussions is fine and all but there's no need to be such a condescending asshole when someone doesn't want to be involved. 

Who needs to chill now? ;D

At least I sparked some feminism power here on this board. Go girls! 

IMG_0927.PNG

5 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

We think it might have to do with the contract they signed, like they can't release new music until so many months, blah, blah, but can if it's under "California".

3 minutes ago, Helen Hoppus said:

so, we know exactly that there will be another version of "hey i'm sorry" ;D

Thanx guys!

So I will check this out then. Treat myself to an extra dose of whoas. :wink:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kay said:

Oh bitch, you poked the bear.

It's got nothing to do with 'feminism' or 'female solidarity' I would stick up for any male member of the board who had someone needlessly attacking them with a petty vendetta, its a forum for godsake - the last thing that should matter is gender, or personal looks.

but so far that seems like all you're interested in - the fact that we're women, or the fact that helen is attractive - for someone so keen on long winded diatribes about insignificant matters, you do seem oddly fixated on superficial aspects of human interaction.

Here's the simplest deal, mate - Don't be a dick and people won't dick on you back. simple as. 

Thank you very much for this. Nothing to add to the subject

Discussion over!

As for the deluxe edition, I also really hoped for a more creative and inspired approach. But they still seem to favour efficiency over the joy of actually doing some expanding and experimenting to get inspired, and writing a record that matters to them, not the fans.

It seems to be an unpopular opinion around here but I  would've preferred no record at all over what we got. I'd rather have 2 great and exciting records in 5 years than factory produced bubblegum pop every couple of months

• Like 2

That was the best answer. Almost spit my drink. ;D

A few guys make it about gender, not me, treating her differently because she is a good looking girl. I don't give a shit if she is a woman or not, if she is attractive or not. I found her answer lame and she is the biggest Feldy fan girl here. That's why I made fun of her and tried to have a discussion with her - she has another point of view and I like to discuss Blink - that's why I'm here...surprise!! She choose to not do so and responded with a very funny answer which is totally fine as well. It's a message board...we diss each other, we make fun of each other and we exaggerate shit...but you really should chill girl. I knew that I could get you going with that "feminism" stuff I said...I thought it was obvious that this was, to put it in Helen's words, a JOKE! Your post didn't even have something to do with feminism in the first place. I was trolling. Relax, take a deep breath and everything will be fine.  

BTW.: Feminism means nothing more but equal rights and chances for men and women! That's it and nothing more! That makes me a feminist as well because that's what I believe in.