California Deluxe Album

Ghent

why the sodding tits would they mention Tom? he's got fuck all to do with California, I imagine it'd just be "thanks so much for the support this album was super fun to make, special mention to Feldmann for whiping our asses and force feeding us cocaine sprinkled donuts during the process and your all sexy motherfuckers riding space glitter unicorns thanks peace out" I mean wtf else do you say? 

On 2/4/2017 at 5:14 AM, Ghost said:

To me that pretty much means:

- February: Grammy winning.

- March: finishing Deluxe disc

- April: new deluxe single.

- June: California Deluxe release.

So to say, same route as the one they followed in last year.

I mean only makes sense to follow up a generic album with a generic cyclical release. God forbid any risks.

#negativity

2 hours ago, Kevin. said:

i wonder if they'll keep splitting the songs 50/50 between matt and mark's vocals or if they'll finally go back to having their own tracks

I think it will be a repeat of what we already have, with "whoaas" in damn near every song. When you have a writer for hire, they are generally one dimensional, there won't be any natural growth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I think it will be a repeat of what we already have, with "whoaas" in damn near every song. When you have a writer for hire, they are generally one dimensional, there won't be any natural growth.

Well since you've already made up your mind you might as well not bother listening. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Well since you've already made up your mind you might as well not bother listening. 

That doesn't make any sense....there are a few songs I like on California, and a couple I really like, despite the whoaas (which I tend to block out of my mind).

So just because I think something is writer for hire repeat doesn't mean there won't be some good songs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

Mark already said we're not getting new music until April.

Where did you see that?  The tweet I read just said he believes April is the date for the deluxe release as of now. He wasn't definitive and didn't say anything about not getting a new track or 2 sooner than that.

5 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

Where did you see that?  The tweet I read just said he believes April is the date for the deluxe release as of now. He wasn't definitive and didn't say anything about not getting a new track or 2 sooner than that.

Mark said that responding to a girl in Twitter. Problem is that he, after that, did a Tom DeLonge deleting that tweet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

The person he responded to asked when will we get any "new music," not the deluxe edition itself. And he responded with he believes April.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Lots of pent up anger about this release date...

For once I agree with you on something regarding this album, some spoiled people for sure.

It was one thing when Neighborhoods took years, but we just had an album last summer and now another one less than a year later and people are bitching about a month or 2 delay.

Geez

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

I'm fine if no new music is released prior to my tour date (March 30), BUT if there's nothing new then they better be adding Sober, HISALP, etc into the mix.

I'd be really surprised if they changed up the set list for this leg of the US tour. It would be nice but I think they will just keep the same songs from the tour last year.