California Deluxe Album

Ghent

4 minutes ago, LastTrainHomefangirl said:

It does, the effect helps, I just don't think it'll age well with the same intros.

Yeah the riffs got old quick. Wildfire is a lot better if it starts right when the distortion kicks in and it's kinda sad that little riff didn't get recognized as the BTD-riff basically stole the attention and everyone judged the song by it.

Anyone hoping that now that they've got their summer feely album out of the way, their next album is going to be more like the songs of the deluxe edition were just hearing now?  A little more out of the box, a little more natural sounding (though there are improvements to be made still).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Barskiboppus said:

Anyone hoping that now that they've got their summer feely album out of the way, their next album is going to be more like the songs of the deluxe edition were just hearing now?  A little more out of the box, a little more natural sounding (though there are improvements to be made still).

I hope it's in vain of Hey I'm Sorry/Last Train Home

Well. I missed a lot.

I won't be able to download anything until this evening and even then I probably won't, most likely I'll wait to listen when it's officially out so I can just listen to it on Spotify. you kids crack me up though! catching up on this thread this morning has been a blast.

It's interesting that its not "this is all trash" from some of the more skeptical, but I am inclined to keep my expectations massively low - if I can come out of this thinking the deluxe is better than California than thats at least something, but that being said everyone bummed Misery and I still can't even sit through it its so boring. 

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Well. I missed a lot.

I won't be able to download anything until this evening and even then I probably won't, most likely I'll wait to listen when it's officially out so I can just listen to it on Spotify. you kids crack me up though! catching up on this thread this morning has been a blast.

It's interesting that its not "this is all trash" from some of the more skeptical, but I am inclined to keep my expectations massively low - if I can come out of this thinking the deluxe is better than California than thats at least something, but that being said everyone bummed Misery and I still can't even sit through it its so boring. 

Never liked Misery either, I have it as second worst track on it.  Chorus is just ugly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kay said:

Well. I missed a lot.

Because it's not trash, but it's still basically forgettable. Don't expect anything special. Last Train Home is a good exception.