California Deluxe Album

Ghent

20 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Hope you're alright buddy.

Depression is fucking tough, don't be scared to lean on the people you know you can trust. My gf has had it quite recently and it's a fucking bitch.

Glad the stigma in mental health is going and people feel they can talk about it a bit more, used to be dismissed as not a real thing. 

Thanks Dan!

One thing that has improved in this era of blink is some of Marks bass licks, I mean he's no Flea still but at least he's adding fills/little bridges between root notes and chords more. Also using octaves and slides more frequently too. 

Really like the bassline in the second verse of Bottom of the Ocean. 

• Like 1

@Olidamus the beauty of Blink and why their music means so much to me is they have gotten me through so many things in life, for so many years... It's why music is the most powerful art form IMHO. Sometimes it's best to crank the songs up, connect with it, and let the emotions flow bud. There's no shame for having feelings. Hang in there!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

One thing that has improved in this era of blink is some of Marks bass licks, I mean he's no Flea still but at least he's adding fills/little bridges between root notes and chords more. Also using octaves and slides more frequently too. 

Really like the bassline in the second verse of Bottom of the Ocean. 

completely agree being a bass player myself i've always loved his bass lines felt the really lacked on Neighborhoods but these two albums has had some GREAT bass lines in them. 

• Like 1

Giving the full California Deluxe a listen now (only have listened to disc 2 once at this point, and haven't given myself the full 80ish minute experience yet until now), I really do enjoy this album, and disc 2 really did improve on what they were doing on disc 1.  Haters will always hate I guess, but overall I'm a big fan.

It's way early, but I think I will end up preferring Disc 1.

But the fact that disc 2 is this good really is a bonus. most double albums suck balls, especially on the second disc. The second disc here is solid AF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

It's way early, but I think I will end up preferring Disc 1.

But the fact that disc 2 is this good really is a bonus. most double albums suck balls, especially on the second disc. The second disc here is solid AF.

True, but most 2 disc albums are released at once, and the band doesn't get the opportunity to work on the second disc after the first one is released.  So its a bit more understandable as to why in this case the second disc is so solid.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

True, but most 2 disc albums are released at once, and the band doesn't get the opportunity to work on the second disc after the first one is released.  So its a bit more understandable as to why in this case the second disc is so solid.  

But at the same time, a lot of these songs were scraps from the OG Cali, so they really did write a lot of good music in a short time.

• Like 1

So my car is old and doesn't have an aux in or bluetooth connection.  Yet its not old enough to have a tape deck, which I'd be able to connect to my phone with one of those cheap but effective adapters.  So I'm stuck with the CD player or the radio in my car.  I want to burn California in its entirety onto a single CD, but its only 44 seconds too long to fit onto a single disc.  So frustrating!  I could omit the live acoustic Bored to Death recording, but surprisingly I really really like that recording.  I could remove two of the joke songs and make it fit, and while its not major love-loss in that situation, its still a bummer to not be able to fit it all onto one disc.  Curse you 80 minute CD-R standard!  Anyone know of a place to get 81 minute CD-Rs?  I had always heard that there were a few CD-Rs out there that you could find that are slightly longer than the 80 minute standard, but I've never personally come across one.  I suppose I could burn an MP3 CD, my car can play those, but they tend to give me issues.

25 minutes ago, M!ke said:

So my car is old and doesn't have an aux in or bluetooth connection.  Yet its not old enough to have a tape deck, which I'd be able to connect to my phone with one of those cheap but effective adapters.  So I'm stuck with the CD player or the radio in my car.  I want to burn California in its entirety onto a single CD, but its only 44 seconds too long to fit onto a single disc.  So frustrating!  I could omit the live acoustic Bored to Death recording, but surprisingly I really really like that recording.  I could remove two of the joke songs and make it fit, and while its not major love-loss in that situation, its still a bummer to not be able to fit it all onto one disc.  Curse you 80 minute CD-R standard!  Anyone know of a place to get 81 minute CD-Rs?  I had always heard that there were a few CD-Rs out there that you could find that are slightly longer than the 80 minute standard, but I've never personally come across one.  I suppose I could burn an MP3 CD, my car can play those, but they tend to give me issues.

http://www.verbatim-europe.co.uk/en/prod/cd-r-high-capacity-43428/?con=51

high capacity cd-r's can store about 90 minutes of music or 795 mb of data.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cd-r+high+capacity

23 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Try check the box for space in-between songs. Make it 0 seconds and see how much space you save up, maybe it's enough

31 minutes ago, M!ke said:

what about those little radio transmitters you can connect to your phone? you basically plug it in, and match your cars radio to the same frequency as the adapter, and its like having it bluetooth. they aren't great but its like £10 over here for one