California Deluxe Album

Ghent

3 hours ago, surfbro16 said:

new blink song is pretty sweet:

On first listen, I thought it was Matt singing the chorus. This song is so similar to California that its scary, you could literally make this a Blink song about Tom.

edit: this song needs some more fucking personality

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Plus-182 said:

On first listen, I thought it was Matt singing the chorus. This song is so similar to California that its scary, as you could literally make this a Blink song about Tom.

Wtf... this is like when everyone screams Tom brought too much AVA into blink. Fuck there's even gang vocals and unnecessary woah-oh's.

15 hours ago, surfbro16 said:

new blink song is pretty sweet:

If this song would've been released under the blink-182 brand (Mark on vocals), it would've been a total quake in blinkland, like omg-what-a-tune. And this, to some extent, prfectly proofs that California, being released by... I don't know, All Time Low? Goldfinger at this point? wouldn't have catched half of the ears that California caught.

Of course, we're in blinkland here, so makes plenty of sense, but I guess you get my point

Disclaimer: not talking about you, @surfbro16. Just in general. :)

• Like 2

On 5/24/2017 at 10:21 PM, decisions said:

lol how are people attacking me for saying these lyric videos are bad. It takes all of 5 seconds of watching them to see how visually overdone and annoying they are. You act like I'm saying that because the lyric videos are bad, I'm going to dig myself a grave and take a picture of Tom DeLonge with me before burying myself alive.

I'll elaborate for you and Ghent since you both asked so nicely.

These lyric videos have horrible visual design in such an overdone way as to inhibit their function. In terms of their function and purpose, they are horrible. Every aspect of a band's brand has importance and deserves to be analyzed to a respective degree. The lyric videos are poorly made. The album art is also shit, like I said before California released. Now, I'm not going to analyze these things as much as the music itself, because that would be ridiculous (as I said, respective degree). Instead they serve as further reflections of the increase of corporatism that has infected this band. To me, it feels like they chose what they thought would be "popular" for the aesthetic of the record, and therefore the lack of real artistic direction behind it and artificiality becomes clear. That is totally significant because  of the parallel with the actual music - this same crucial flaw permeates every single second of music on the album. This album is a dishonest, synthetic, generic artistic failure and that is present in every aspect of the album to me, and so I express my criticism freely.

To attack me for criticizing lyric videos (like Ghent also did for the album art) is ridiculous, and only serves to further highlight the antagonistic nature of this forum. I'll say it again, the lyric videos are fucking trash.

It's pretty ironic that you whine about lyrics videos while you misquoted Baby Come On lyrics in your signature.

• Like 3

Got the physical album today. It's digipak like the original, and when you open it the two inner halves form an image of the skeleton guy driving the car (in 1st person), showing the vehicle's dashboard and a desert road ahead. There are separate booklets for the two albums, but there's really nothing interesting in them, just lyrics & songwriting credits.

8 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Got the physical album today. It's digipak like the original, and when you open it the two inner halves form an image of the skeleton guy driving the car (in 1st person), showing the vehicle's dashboard and a desert road ahead. There are separate booklets for the two albums, but there's really nothing interesting in them, just lyrics & songwriting credits.

Glad I didn't bite