California Deluxe Album

Ghent

Just now, Ghent said:

I'm treating this an entire new album mentally. Pretty pumped.

Also, Enema took two weeks and is widely regarded as their best album (not by me, but by most)

If an alien crash landed (hahah aliens and spaceboy Tom hehe) and I wanted to show them Blink I'd hand them Enema.  

The most "Blink 182" album if there ever was one.  

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

If an alien crash landed (hahah aliens and spaceboy Tom hehe) and I wanted to show them Blink I'd hand them Enema.  

The most "Blink 182" album if there ever was one.  

Yeah, I agree. I'd hand them TOYPAJ but it has a few too many meh tracks that kill it as a whole.

My favorite is still probably Dude Ranch honestly.

Just now, ...and then said:

There is a difference between overhyping every shit compared to making normal promo and letting the music speak for itself...

They have barely said a word about this deluxe album dude. 

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I'm treating this an entire new album mentally. Pretty pumped.

Also, Enema took two weeks and is widely regarded as their best album (not by me, but by most)

The myth that they only took two weeks to write Enema is easily debunked. Mutt, Dumpweed and Aliens Exist (and maybe others) were played at shows in 1998 and they were more or less the same as what ended up on the album.

• Like 4

Just now, Ghent said:

They have barely said a word about this deluxe album dude. 

The promo cycle just started dude...but when I hear comments like Travis' "Feldy said that this record might even be better than Cali, what a problem to have...blablabla" I have to laugh  

Seems like they have to convince themselves to like their music  

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

The myth that they only took two weeks to write Enema is easily debunked. Mutt, Dumpweed and Aliens Exist (and maybe others) were played at shows in 1998 and they were more or less the same as what ended up on the album.

Of course the songs have a longer gestation period than 2 weeks...I'm more talking about locking themselves in a house and taking years to write and record an album, it's ridiculous really. 

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

Yeah but the entire studio process only took two weeks. Travis says it in his book. I'm sure there were ideas and skeletons floating around. But the majority of Enema was written and recorded in two weeks based on what multiple band members have said.

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Of course the songs have a longer gestation period than 2 weeks...I'm more talking about locking themselves in a house and taking years to write and record an album, it's ridiculous really. 

I think there's a got to be a happy medium between shitting out 2+ songs a day and labouring over one album for the better part of a year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ...and then said:

The promo cycle just started dude...but when I hear comments like Travis' "Feldy said that this record might even be better than Cali, what a problem to have...blablabla" I have to laugh  

Seems like they have to convince themselves to like their music  

No, it doesn't

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Yeah but the entire studio process only took two weeks. Travis says it in his book. I'm sure there were ideas and skeletons floating around. But the majority of Enema was written and recorded in two weeks based on what multiple band members have said.

Yeah, I believe that the recording process for Enema might have been that quick, but from what we've heard about California and now this deluxe album, it seems like they're going into it with less material and essentially writing from nothing.

• Like 2