California Deluxe Album

Ghent

HISALP is kinda meh for me, but I can definitely see it becoming a hit. For my personal tastes, I find it too far into the saccharine "Hey There Delilah" territory of acoustic-ish ballads, but the production and stuff would fit right in on modern pop stations just like that song did. They could end up with their first Adult Contemporary hit, who knows. I can just imagine stuff like "Finally Grown Up: Blink 182 tackles the heartbreaking side of fatherhood in their new hit" haha

• Like 1

Listening to it again for the first time in months I gotta say - the song is ALMOST really good haha. I think all of Mark's parts are good and a scaled back style would have worked great, but it's actually Skiba's part in the chorus that kills it for me. Just an extremelyyy poppy melody that makes me immediately think of boy bands. Oh well, I still think it could be a big hit, it's just not for me.

I'm fine with HISALP being up next, I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that I used to constantly skip it but now it has become one of my favorites on California. It's one of the few songs that sound like a 45 year old guy wrote it, and is so honest and deep that I cried mowing the fucking lawn when I was listening to it. LMAO. (Thankfully I have a privacy fence)

Also, when it comes to "radio" songs, play these songs for your friends who don't listen to Blink and see if you notice them tapping their feet or picking up the chorus quickly. My wife was singing along to the chorus of HISALP very quickly, just from overhearing me play it in the other room... So I do think it's quite catchy. 

Of course this is just holding us over until they drop Sober on the world this summer, at which point I picture them breaking all types of records, completely selling out, Mark wearing dollar sign sunglasses, Travis putting a fancy feather in his pimp hat, and Matt coming on stage in a purple Elton John outfit and white face paint. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Blink182acti0n said:

Pretty sure it was a new song we were getting in April. It made headlines on one of  blink pages on Facebook. This was like last week I read this. But I don't really believe anything until there is an official statement......and boom 1000! 

I mean there hasn't been any other quote from mark about April other than him saying on twitter we'd be getting "new music" in April back in January before he switched to May. He could have meant a song or he could have meant the album. We don't know so nothing is confirmed and nothing is delayed if we don't get a song in April.

1 hour ago, ryan1125 said:

Of course this is just holding us over until they drop Sober on the world this summer, at which point I picture them breaking all types of records, completely selling out, Mark wearing dollar sign sunglasses, Travis putting a fancy feather in his pimp hat, and Matt coming on stage in a purple Elton John outfit and white face paint. 

lmao! they've done four singles before, so i wouldn't be surprised. but if it's never a single, i'd be amazed. i was so sure it'd be third

I've gotta say, I have played California on repeat at my family's Xmas, New Years party, super bowl party, and even at work, and other gatherings, no one (outside of me & my gf) really has followed them since the "hiatus" - so having said that, from my 70 year old Italian grandmother to my 14 year old k-pop obsessed niece, and everyone in between... it almost seems as though No Future is the one track that most people gravitate towards. I guess it just has a elegant energy that is catchy enough to grab the casual listener. It's funny to me because I didn't think No Future generated the buzz they felt it would when they initially released it in late June.

It is interesting to note that Wikipedia lists Home Is Such a Lonely Place as a third single for April 18. I usually don't trust wiki, but it did predict the Chris Benoit murders before the bodies were ever found so who knows lol

5 hours ago, uuhhmmaazziinngg said:

I've gotta say, I have played California on repeat at my family's Xmas, New Years party, super bowl party, and even at work, and other gatherings, no one (outside of me & my gf) really has followed them since the "hiatus" - so having said that, from my 70 year old Italian grandmother to my 14 year old k-pop obsessed niece, and everyone in between... it almost seems as though No Future is the one track that most people gravitate towards. I guess it just has a elegant energy that is catchy enough to grab the casual listener. It's funny to me because I didn't think No Future generated the buzz they felt it would when they initially released it in late June.

It is interesting to note that Wikipedia lists Home Is Such a Lonely Place as a third single for April 18. I usually don't trust wiki, but it did predict the Chris Benoit murders before the bodies were ever found so who knows lol

Your family must be fucking annoyed with Blink by now. ;)

• Like 3

Home Is Such A Lonely place is a good choice because it could potentially cross over to pop radio. Maybe not the most "blink" song on the album but one of the best written songs IMO. Also Hodges is a legend. I'm cool with them doing co-writes if they are hand picking great songwriters who can help them develop the new sound and line up. That's what Jerry Finn did and it will take some talented people to fill those shoes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, uuhhmmaazziinngg said:

No Future is legit a great song.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

is worst song on album?

Doesn't quite fit the rest of the album. If there was one song Feldmann went to town on, it was that one

I don't hate them, but I think I'd have cut Teenage Satellites and No Future from the album if I was making the track listing.

24 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Doesn't quite fit the rest of the album. If there was one song Feldmann went to town on, it was that one

I don't hate them, but I think I'd have cut Teenage Satellites and No Future from the album if I was making the track listing.

Forgot about Teenage Satelites - that one is right there in consideration for worst of the record. 

3 hours ago, Kay said:

I wouldnt call TS the 'worst', because it isn't like, offensively awful, it's just forgetable. dull. insignificant. 

Yeah, extremely forgettable. Probably doesn't need to be on the album. But isn't so bad that it kills it, like say, Fighting the Gravity.