blink songs you've never liked (leave out the obvious)

Kay

9 hours ago, RAX said:

What are the obvious disliked songs?

most people hate things like This Is Home or FTG. basically the more divisive ones - I know a lot of people didn't get on with fallen interlude, pretty little girl, stuff like that. I assumed Up All Night too but clearly I was wrong. for the record I like both FTG and pretty little girl but they seem to be the songs people complain about a lot. 

• Like 1

Up all night will always suck for me because of how much anticipation I put into it. Everyday from the summer of 2009 to 2011, I would get on my computer and google "Blink 182 Up All Night" hoping it was leaked. It became part of my daily routine. It could have been the best song the band ever made and I would have been disappointed 

I disliked UAN from the moment I heard it and people gave me such shit, told me to leave the board and that I wasn't a real fan. I think there was just so much emotion wrapped up in new material that it had to be amazing. Now more people are seeing the light.

I think that will eventually happen with the entire California album, give it a number of years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

This Is Home has some "Give Me One Good Reason" level horrible lyrics, but something about it works for me. I like the melodies and Cure-style synth. And I know the chorus bugs people but I think it's great and adds to the 80s new wave vibe.

this is about how i feel about this song. it's got the worst lyrics on neighborhoods but its always been enjoyable to me because of the synth

• Like 1

See I see This Is Home as the epitome of Tom phoning it in. the verse melody is practically one note, those stupid 'ah ah aye' bits are like 'err I dunno, what lyrics should I put here?' because it has very fucking little to do with anything, and the verse lyrics are his usual later weird AVA style. it's very lacking in much of anything musically, it's just a limp piece of watery lettuce. 

There was a rumour for ages that Mark wrote this song and Tom did the vocals but I just don't see that. like remotely. 

• Like 1

A couple of months ago, on twitter, a girl asked Mark to write down a verse of This Is Home to have it tattooed because its her favourite song ever. He said "yes, sure! Thanks!" but I thought it was sooo weird. And I would never ask him to write down a Tom song.