blink songs you've never liked (leave out the obvious)

Kay

You know, I was never a fan of Shut Up on TOYPAJ. I fucking love cussing all the fucking time but something about that swearing in that song felt forced. And then my parents took my car that one day and this song started playing and for an aspiring teen punker living in conservative midwest Michigan, well, that was the end of blink for awhile for me, at least when the parents were around...but also I just don't like the song. 

3 hours ago, ryanmfears said:

California is a good album as a whole but Rabbit Hole and Bohemian Rhapsody are both just so forced... Built This Pool actually sounded like a joke track that they would have written with Tom though.

I dunno. Before Untitled, with joke songs it was like a bunch of our friends got in the studio and recorded shit that normally wasn't "allowed" on records from big business labels. Then they stop joke songs in 2003, saying they've matured. Now that they're inching closer and closer towards 50 years of age, it seems weird to go back to joke songs. Like they're doing it to cash in on nostalgia from all the 30 year olds going through a midlife crisis. And yes, I'm aware of Golden Showers on Tom's solo demo album so it's not just blink3. But it all feels forced now. The whole blink enterprise seems forced now. They're catering to remain relevant.

But yes, Brohemian is terrible.

2 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I dunno. Before Untitled, with joke songs it was like a bunch of our friends got in the studio and recorded shit that normally wasn't "allowed" on records from big business labels. Then they stop joke songs in 2003, saying they've matured. Now that they're inching closer and closer towards 50 years of age, it seems weird to go back to joke songs. Like they're doing it to cash in on nostalgia from all the 30 year olds going through a midlife crisis. And yes, I'm aware of Golden Showers on Tom's solo demo album so it's not just blink3. But it all feels forced now. The whole blink enterprise seems forced now. They're catering to remain relevant.

But yes, Brohemian is terrible.

I dunno, Mark had "Im Gay So What" during the untitled sessions as well as "I lost my fucking leg in vietnam" I think Mark is probably always writing stupid shit. 

• Like 3

On 2/9/2017 at 4:31 PM, Kay said:

I dunno, Mark had "Im Gay So What" during the untitled sessions as well as "I lost my fucking leg in vietnam" I think Mark is probably always writing stupid shit. 

Yeah that's all very true. Haven't thought about I'm Gay So What in years aha. But I do recall them going out of their way multiple times during Untitled interviews where they said they purposely didn't include any joke tracks on it to show they weren't 1-trick ponies. And yeah, I get at live shows they still played family reunion and such but I still feel it's a regression in this day and age to have them as anything more than bonus tracks. Guess I'm an old man now. I dunno. Also the joke songs on Cali didn't live up to the old joke songs in my humble opinion.