Blink 182 USA Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

21 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I think it was one of the naked and famous singers

If you look at the comments on the link, the guy (who was singing) ended up responding to me. 

@jimmymowery on Instagram 

Apparently a singer for some band called "The New High".

He said his dreams came true, so I guess that's all what matters.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2017 at 8:08 PM, ryan1125 said:

No lol but I did ask some good questions. I had a great convo with Matt and he was extremely kind and appreciative, he said he's not currently writing any ALK3 material and is focused on Blink only. @Kay he said originally he was writing for both because he didn't know how long this would last, but now it's not fair to try and split the duty as he wants to give 100% on what he's working on.

Trav said Antemasque release isn't happening until AtTheDriveIn releases their next album, Transplants covers EP isn't happening until Rancid drops their album.

It was so awesome I'll post some pictures Thursday, the ETGBF m&g goes by so fast but wow it was worth every penny. Got some sick stuff signed! Just got back in the venue, stoked for the show! 

Stoked that the Antemasque record is still even on the table.

The situation with that guy singing was pretty dumb. So, he was with a group of people holding up a huge sign of some sort, not sure what it said because I was behind them at this point, and Mark singled him out and asked if he knew the lyrics to Always. He kept asking and the guy I guess eventually said yes because Mark told him to get to side stage to be brought up to sing it. He gets up there and he has to use his phone to find the lyrics. Maybe his sign had something to do with his band? Idk.

I was like ten feet away from Matt for most of the show, it was so crazy. I don't think I stopped jumping for any song other than I Miss You. 

In terms of fighting someone, it was the dumbest situation fueled entirely by crowd rage and nobody really won. This show was in a college town, and there were so many bro-y and preppy girls there, very few people who actually seemed to be the usual pop punk fans, so it got pretty annoying at various points. At one point, this dude was like refereeing his little zone with his gf in front of him, not letting anyone pass (his sleeves were cut out down his sides like a muscle tee for a mental image here). I was trying to slide past sideways to get to the other side of them where my friends were. Whenever I tried to slide past behind him he'd push back and close the gap, and when I went to slide past in front, he grabbed my arm and tried to throw me back. I'd watched him do it a few times and just fling people down on the ground, so I smashed the middle of his forearm that was firmly tugging on one of my elbows with my other pointy ass elbow, just getting him to let go. His girlfriend was like 5' tall but went after me and punched me in the shoulder and almost-face a few times, I pretended a crowd swell sent me falling into her and she fell down, I skrrted the fuck away. 

I think saying "I was in a fist fight" was inaccurate, but fists were used!

• Like 2

That's surprising, I don't think they've ever let someone come on stage to play before so I don't know why Mark wanted to start now. Especially with that guy who sucked dick at it. Last summer at my show there was a guy with a big sign behind me that said Matt let me play man overboard. One of blinks road crew came out and confiscated it before they came on and said they don't do that.

just relistened and aside from messing up other lyrics, on the second half of one of the choruses he forgets kiss you so he just goes "taste you all night *realizes mistake* all night always"

i would have been pissed if my favorite song got butchered like that at a show I was at by someone who wanted to have a moment for themselves who couldn't even sing.

• Like 1

Just now, ungroovy said:

Mark said he never does it and guy should feel lucky. Not too sure why either.

Well from what I'm reading how the venue wasn't even half full and the crowd was weak, maybe he was just bored and said fuck it.

• Like 1

Just now, ungroovy said:

Maybe I was in my own little bubble, but people did fill the arena out a bit, and the crowd was lively, but I was in the very front portions of it. Could've been dead to the world behind me.

I don't know I just read a post on Reddit that said it seemed like the venue was less than half full, but they made it seem like the crowd decent for the amount that was there.

Alright so for the show, WAAVES was alright, I did enjoy Naked & Famous a bunch. Definitely gonna check out their albums. Matt told me he was a huge fan of them and I saw him and Mark watching their entire set on the side of the stage. At one point Matt came out and laid underneath the guitarist and took a picture, Mark also walked out and took a picture. For most of the show Mark was throwing guitar picks at the drummer and they were both cracking up.

So Blink's about to come on, I had 4th row seats but I noticed a few people up on the barricade so I walked up there to try and get a pick from Mark's bass tech. I noticed Blink's coming on in 5 minutes and nobody has told me to leave yet... All of a sudden Blink comes on, and I am dead in front of Mark with no pushing, shoving, or anything. It was fucking awesome. Sadly after 5-6 songs they finally made everyone go back to their seat, but it was so cool. As mentioned above, I posted some clips/videos of the show on YouTube last night and I'll link them below.

The boys sounded great, there wasn't much banter but their sound was awesome IMO. During "Always" Mark threw a guitar pick that hit Matt's guitar neck perfectly and caused him to fuck up, it was such an epic throw LOL. Travis quickly counted them off and they resumed like pros. Matt fucked up the intro to Dysentary Gary but he said "Let's try that again, that was fuckin' awful" which was pretty funny. I know people rag on Matt but overall he was great, and both his super noticeable mess ups were funny to me and he played it off like a champ. 

There weren't any surprises in the set-list, they actually cut Man Overboard which sucked. (They went on 2-3 minutes late, I think that's why). But I did see SOOHM/Sober live for the first time, both of which were well received. There were tons of empty seats in the very back, but overall it looked like people were having fun. I really liked that venue. I know people complain about the "dead crowd", I don't know if it's a combination of our age, or the era of people just standing still and recording the thing on their phone, or just us having crazy memories of being wasted in the middle of a pit at 16, but I had a fucking blast. 

During the encore I snuck back up in front of Mark, and after the show he handed me one of Trav's drumsticks which was cool. He then picked up Matt's Ibanez and started playing Family Reunion, Matt hopped on drums. He then handed out some shirts/picks and Trav's son hopped on the drums. Afterwards Daniel (trav's tech) threw me another drumstick.

Overall just such an awesome trip. Here's some pix/videos I took:

hbdMrsC.jpg

bXJWeH1.jpg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, NotNow said:

That's surprising, I don't think they've ever let someone come on stage to play before so I don't know why Mark wanted to start now.

practically every show 95 through early 98, they'd ask someone up to sing the bridge to ben wah balls. it was a local tradition.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

How long is the total meet and greet session.

It was a solid 30-35 minutes for sure. We were all crammed in a little trailer, I'm sure it's better at other venues when you're in an actual room with more space to walk around and talk, but whatevs. It's $400 for that package (plus ticket price) but as I said, it is so worth it IMHO, especially if you're a Blink collector and want stuff signed. It's honestly a priceless experience. I sold a bunch of shit I had laying around to pay for it, if you are a huge fan, go for it. Absolutely no regrets.

Side Note: One of the other ETGBF dudes was the guy who posted on Reddit a few years ago about wanting a high-five from Mark, and Mark ended up replying and getting him backstage passes/side stage tix in Vegas to do the high-five. I remember reading that story years ago, not sure if anyone remembers that, but it was pretty cool hearing the guys story in person. (And Mark remembered him when he mentioned it to him in the trailer lol).