Parking Lot - California Deluxe Single (March 17th)

NotNow

1 minute ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

I would! Let's see it!

I started typing out a list but it's too hard! It's easy to ignore the singles and jump right to my favorite deep cuts, simply because I haven't heard them as much.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I started typing out a list but it's too hard! It's easy to ignore the singles and jump right to my favorite deep cuts, simply because I haven't heard them as much.

I think you noticed that Sober wouldn't make the cut and now you are bailing out of it. ;)

Just now, Osgod said:

I think you noticed that Sober wouldn't make the cut and now you are bailing out of it. ;)

Nah, it easily made the cut, as did HISALP. My problem was with songs like Party Song, Easy Target, TOTTM, A New Hope, Everytime I Look For You, etc. Personal favorites of mine that I'm not sure deserve to be on such a list.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Nah, it easily made the cut, as did HISALP. My problem was with songs like Party Song, Easy Target, TOTTM, A New Hope, Everytime I Look For You, etc. Personal favorites of mine that I'm not sure deserve to be on such a list.

It's your top 15 so whatever you thinks deserves it should be on the list.

Actually it would be very interesting to see a top 10/15 list from members here. I believe the are highly different. 

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Sober is a fine song.  Never understood the hate for it.  Its nothing amazing, but I enjoy it, really like the lyrics too, which is bizarre to say knowing that Patrick Stump contributed a little to the lyrics.

I enjoy it for what it is as well but for me it's not in consideration for being a Top 15 song. 

Just now, Osgod said:

I enjoy it for what it is as well but for me it's not in consideration for being a Top 15 song. 

Yeah, its not in my top 15 either.  But certainly not in my bottom 15 either.  Its just somewhere in the middle for blink songs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smalls said:

You hear generic, I hear a much needed return to form. You see I like nana's more than over used synth, a cohesive sound over a Frankenstein sounding album. California is not perfect, that's for sure. Btw, I never said you hated California I just wanted you to explain your point of view.

Yeah, I guess in a nutshell, I just think California is more boring than Neighborhoods.

To me "playing it safe" is a step backward. I feel the same way about Star Wars Episode 7. Still highly entertaining, but it feels lazy.

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

What, you mean all 2 of the other pop-punk bands still relevant today?  Lets face it, as far as the mainstream goes, pop-punk is dead, its pretty impressive that blink can still stay relevant in that genre.  No, they aren't trying to revolutionize the genre anymore (at least not with California), but considering they were the band that were revolutionizing the genre to get to where it is and then other bands just piggy-backed on those sounds to create their albums, don't you think blink has the right to release a solid album that plays it safe inside of the very sounds they helped revolutionize?  I don't see why doing such a thing is so bad or has to be discouraged.  Yeah, I'd love for them to do something like Untitled again, but I'm not going to give them shit for nearly a year for releasing an album that totally sounds like a blink album built from sounds they explored in the past.

Mostly just because I find it boring in comparison to what they could do or have done in the past.

Just now, Cheerios4u98 said:

Mostly just because I find it boring in comparison to what they could do or have done in the past.

Meh, I could apply that logic to TOYPAJ and say that's a boring album because it really brought nothing new to the table.  But in my opinion they don't have to bring something new to the table every time.  TOYPAJ is still a fantastic album in my opinion despite it being just a rehash of Enema.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah, I guess in a nutshell, I just think California is more boring than Neighborhoods.

To me "playing it safe" is a step backward. I feel the same way about Star Wars Episode 7. Still highly entertaining, but it feels lazy.

California and Ep7 diss in one post.

Inexcusable. Would negative like if possible.

• Like 1