Parking Lot - California Deluxe Single (March 17th)

NotNow

Been listening repeatedly... The intro and the first two verses are great, but the transition to the (bad) chorus feels forced. The moment Mark comes in is pretty good too...

Overall, though, this feels way too cut and paste. People say Neighborhoods is a frankenstein record and I guess that's how I picture this song.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

I think it's clear that several people here are not going to like any new material from blink. Will those of us who do have to continue hearing about it for the next decade?

pretty sure people who don't like this deluxe album will officially check out from this section of the message board once its released. i have no desire to hear this song ever again. despite not liking california, i listened to the album a handful of times and thought it could be better, which is why i still talk about it. however, if this song is an indication of how the rest of the deluxe will sound, i'll absolutely hate it and have no reason to talk about it. there's no way they could possibly improve this song, it just sucks beginning to end. not much more to say, really. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kevin. said:

pretty sure people who don't like this deluxe album will officially check out from this section of the message board once its released. i have no desire to hear this song ever again. despite not liking california, i listened to the album a handful of times and thought it could be better, which is why i still talk about it. however, if this song is an indication of how the rest of the deluxe will sound, i'll absolutely hate it and have no reason to talk about it. there's no way they could possibly improve this song, it just sucks beginning to end. not much more to say, really. 

Cya later brah!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kevin. said:

I don't think you really fit in as a blink fan anymore, to be honest. A little too cool for a band of this stature. Your best bet would probably be to shack up in a different section

• Like 2

Personally I love it! Especially the first verse from Matt. I really think this should have been an all Matt song. Also couls have done without the Na's at that one point and gang vocals, but all in all it's simple, energetic and it's something I can see myself listening to a lot. It actually sounds a little different than what's on California, imo. Can't wait for the next song!

• Like 2

I didn't like it. It just isn't memorable.. It is kind of everything that is wrong with the current Blink. The influence of Mark, Matt, and Travis can be felt on this track for sure, but then Feldman kind of comes in with the production and takes a dump on it. It is too over produced, too generic, I just roll my eyes that they have to literally put "Whoas and NANANAs" on every fucking track now.

It's like giving great actors a bad script. That is what Feldman has done to these guys.

I'd love to hear a real Blink 182 song with the new lineup, without FUCKING FELDMAN and to be honest, I am surprised that others wouldn't want to hear that as well. Even Ghent.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Nothing they could release that Ghent would dislike.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the guitar on this song, because I don't like the palm mute-y pop punk style. I've griped about it for years, concerning modern pop punk bands.

Thankfully the song makes up for it with awesome vocals. love the verse, chorus, and bridge. Just too much going on with the guitar for me.

Matt definitely shines though. Overall- my reaction is positive, but there are definitely songs I like more on California. This one is in the No Future class for me, a bit too pop punky, but still good.

That's my honest evaluation before you run around putting words in my mouth.

I didn't like it. It just isn't memorable.. It is kind of everything that is wrong with the current Blink. The influence of Mark, Matt, and Travis can be felt on this track for sure, but then Feldman kind of comes in with the production and takes a dump on it. It is too over produced, too generic, I just roll my eyes that they have to literally put "Whoas and NANANAs" on every fucking track now.

It's like giving great actors a bad script. That is what Feldman has done to these guys.

I'd love to hear a real Blink 182 song with the new lineup, without FUCKING FELDMAN and to be honest, I am surprised that others wouldn't want to hear that as well. Even Ghent.

I think the band is just dead for you. Let's be honest it has since 05. It's like you grew out of them and that's fine it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2