Parking Lot - California Deluxe Single (March 17th)

NotNow

listened about 10x, i just dont think its good. I like quite a lot of cali so am not a "hater" i just objectively rate the song as not good. 

anyone who isnt agreeing about the whole too many nana's and whoa's for 0 reason are kidding themselves.

Just now, petros said:

Tbh I think these songs will be the leftovers from the california sessions with maybe one or two songs they recorded after so no wonder the 11 song deluxe album won't be better than California.

If this is marketed as some bonus tracks, thats fair, but I remember this being touted as "better than California". So far that is a joke.

Not a big fan of California, but as others have said much of the material on there is far better than this.

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

If this is marketed as some bonus tracks, thats fair, but I remember this being touted as "better than California". So far that is a joke.

Not a big fan of California, but as others have said much of the material on there is far better than this.

Well it's not the first time mark or travis have said things out of their excitement that aren't true

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chase said:

• For love of God, stop with the Na Na Nas. Just stop. It worked on Sober and No Future. But not here. They literally add NOTHING. It's not a memorable hook. I feel like Feldy has this ingrained fear of white space in a song. He can't just let the song breath - like he feels there has to be vocals. Use a guitar riff! Use a synth! Use a bass! Hell, just use nothing!

This, this, so much this

Anyone notice that the tuning is a full step down, Standard D tuning?  Hey everyone who told them to tune down so they weren't straining their voices....they listened!!!

Edit: And note: the "riff" at the beginning is basically the first section of Dumpweed riff a whole step down.

https://plus.ultimate-guitar.com/b/blink-182/parking_lot_tab_online.html#1df855

6 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

Someone just asked Mark why he does the "nanananas" in his Twitter AMA and he said:

"John Feldmann makes me sing the nanas"

LOL

This is funny but it's also kind of irritating. They'd sound so much better if Feldmann didn't force these kinds of things in.

• Like 1

And you know they'll just go on tour and play the same damn songs.  Oh they might add sober to the set list, who cares.

why don't they realize that the fans that come to their shows have all their albums?  We want to hear your catalogue, there are so many great songs they never play.  I won't list them because we all know it's true.

what a travesty this band has become.  Alright I'll stop, just got back from happy hour 

• Like 1