Parking Lot - California Deluxe Single (March 17th)

NotNow

19 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Would you rather have an extended version with only 4 new songs, and a new song coming out this week?

Or a deluxe version with 11 new songs out this May, with no new music until then.

That is the million dollar question.

Definitely the latter!

My theory is what if this is what California becomes on iTunes. So this is the new California album on iTunes with four extra songs for the price of California to incentivize people to still buy a year old album. Then you have a separate deluxe purchase that is either everything or just all the new songs including the four bonus tracks.

I'll piss myself if we only get four songs. Blink are the troll kings.

parking lot is also a shit title. Sound like another shitty pop song about listening to music and meeting friends in a parking lot or some pop punk cliche shit

• Like 1

Holy shit it's real. Parking lot is 2:46 and it's up on distribution platforms although it can't be heard. The deluxe might actually only be four songs I'm laughing.

Edit: there's still debate, apparently it's like last.fm, but at this point there's so much evidence I'm starting to believe it.

edit 2: yea I seemingly jumped the gun spare me

moymwlA.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Would you rather have an extended version with only 4 new songs, and a new song coming out this week?

Or a deluxe version with 11 new songs out this May, with no new music until then.

That is the million dollar question.

Well consider what the first one actually means, we already have Hey I'm Sorry, and a new single next week would mean that the actual Deluxe album would only be bringing 2 new songs with it by the time it releases... hooray!

11 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Holy shit it's real. Parking lot is 2:46 and it's up on distribution platforms although it can't be heard. The deluxe might actually only be four songs I'm laughing.

Edit: there's still debate, apparently it's like last.fm, but at this point there's so much evidence I'm starting to believe it.

edit 2: yea I seemingly jumped the gun spare me

moymwlA.jpg

It can be real or not. You can rename any song you want, insert that artwork, rename the track and make it appear on some player, and then connect it to Last.fm. Is that image from Last.fm? I mean, I'm surprised there is no official announcement of anything. Maybe they will drop it by surprise, but it's weird.

8 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It can be real or not. You can rename any song you want, insert that artwork, rename the track and make it appear on some player, and then connect it to Last.fm. Is that image from Last.fm? I mean, I'm surprised there is no official announcement of anything. Maybe they will drop it by surprise, but it's weird.

Okay so I've done more investigative work. Liberator music is actually blinks distributor but they've only been with them since california so the only way you could edit the track name and album art would be if it's a California song right or is there another way and still have liberator music attached? There's no song on California that is 2:46. So I think it's actually real. That's just where I'm leaning right now with all the info we've gotten the last 24 hours.

exit: also the copyright is 2017, can you change that?

it just seems very elaborate for a fake, would anyone have even known blink is tied to liberator music?

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

What I'm trying to say is that this can be easily faked if anyona can fuck with people, as long as is not linked to a source as Amazon, Spotify or iTunes. buuuuuuut I'm not denying it can be real ;)

What's that wink mean ghost? We all know you know. We know you've heard mark and Matt singing about their "woes" of high school life drinking beers in a parking lot.

8 minutes ago, NotNow said:

What's that wink mean ghost? We all know you know. We know you've heard mark and Matt singing about theirs "woes" of high school life drinking beers in a parking lot.

It means just that: no details have been officially confirmed, so... although any leak can happen, or any media can have some info which has not been unleashed yet, I would take with a grain of salt any information which has not been published through reliable channels. ;)

My theory on how they get the information is through API requests. iTunes doesn't have an API but now last.fm has come up and I looked into theirs. They have a pretty open api. So you could do an API request for California deluxe until you get a match on last.fm and get all of this metadata back. It would have the release date, tracklist, and the link to the image of the artwork that last.fm is hosting. Not always, but sometimes API requests have slightly different permissions than just a public search tool on the site possibly getting back responses you wouldn't get on a regular search. It's bad security practices, but it happens and it's how something like this could happen if it is actually legit.

https://www.last.fm/api/show/album.getInfo

39 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Okay so I've done more investigative work. Liberator music is actually blinks distributor but they've only been with them since california so the only way you could edit the track name and album art would be if it's a California song right or is there another way and still have liberator music attached? There's no song on California that is 2:46. So I think it's actually real. That's just where I'm leaning right now with all the info we've gotten the last 24 hours.

exit: also the copyright is 2017, can you change that?

it just seems very elaborate for a fake, would anyone have even known blink is tied to liberator music?

The key reason I think it may not be fake.  Is that literally every interview they've been giving is that is a 2 disc album.  With that being the case, why would they then go and post that its only 4 bonus tracks?  Unless they either know something that hasn't yet officially been revealed, of they're just a highly unreliable source.