Parking Lot - California Deluxe Single (March 17th)

NotNow

Well it's officially real. Forget the arguing over photoshops and channel mixer editing, we're getting a new song at the end of the week! Since the logical assumption is that the deluxe preorder will go up when itunes updates on Friday at midnight, the latest we'll hear this is Thursday morning because of timezones. 

Still questions about the deluxe tracklisting since that's basically verified now. Is it just the first disc or is that all of it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nshesaid said:

It sounds like the deluxe is a double disc. One with the originals and hey I'm sorry, 3 others.. the second with all bonus songs.

Otherwise blink are the biggest trolls ever if they save a bunch of bonus songs for a whole nother year to release on a new album.

But then the second disk would only be seven songs. That's what I'm hung up on. Why wouldn't they just have the first disk be normal California with all eleven new songs on the new disk?

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'd say this:

- California (including Hey I'm Sorry + 3 new songs)

- Bonus disc (11 new songs, which is what they said lately)

- Total new songs: 14, as they said back in the day.

I'm gonna be more conservative, knowing blink, they'll probably let us down in some way, and all we're gonna get is those 4 bonus songs, and all the extra songs that they were gonna use for the deluxe album they'll instead hold on to for their next release.  This way, if it does turn out that we get 11 or more songs, I'll be very happy, but if it only turns out to be the 4 bonus songs I wont be so disappointed.  

25 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'd say this:

- California (including Hey I'm Sorry + 3 new songs)

- Bonus disc (11 new songs, which is what they said lately)

- Total new songs: 14, as they said back in the day.

i feel like this is what is going to happen. here's to hoping they re-worked "Hey I'm Sorry" without the woah ohs

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I'm gonna be more conservative, knowing blink, they'll probably let us down in some way, and all we're gonna get is those 4 bonus songs, and all the extra songs that they were gonna use for the deluxe album they'll instead hold on to for their next release.  This way, if it does turn out that we get 11 or more songs, I'll be very happy, but if it only turns out to be the 4 bonus songs I wont be so disappointed.  

If that happens, after talking in interviews about a whole batch of 14 songs to be released, that's going to be a bummer. They justified the whole deluxe thing with all that amount of songs saying the label won't let them put out a new album as soon as they probably, would like, because the label is still in full "California" cycle (in fact, they still have to tour California in Europe). So, if that happens, I blame the label for the mess. Like: hold on, you guys... just put out a deluxe edition with four songs on it, and let's save the rest for a new record in like a year and a half.

Can see that happening too. That would explain why they will release HISALP as third single instead the new song. So this new tune will serve as a promo thing for the deluxe record, but the potential single is the one that has been announced.

Makes sense now if things are like this.

Well think about it, don't you think a label would want them to make a separate album sooner rather than just rerelease an album with an entire second disc.  A deluxe edition of an already released album isn't going to sell nearly as well as an entirely new separate album, even if all the songs on the separate album were the exact same tracklist of what the second disc's tracklist would have been.  Its all about marketing, and hey even Travis said that he's worried that the entire second disc was better than the album that they released as California.  I could totally see it all coming down to 4 bonus tracks (though really only 3 new songs) and then near the end of the year an entirely separate album, or maybe sooner with just a long EP.  I dunno, we'll see, but I do think there is a certain logic to such a thought from a business point of view anyway.

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Well think about it, don't you think a label would want them to make a separate album sooner rather than just rerelease an album with an entire second disc.  A deluxe edition of an already released album isn't going to sell nearly as well as an entirely new separate album, even if all the songs on the separate album were the exact same tracklist of what the second disc's tracklist would have been.  Its all about marketing, and hey even Travis said that he's worried that the entire second disc was better than the album that they released as California.  I could totally see it all coming down to 4 bonus tracks (though really only 3 new songs) and then near the end of the year an entirely separate album, or maybe sooner with just a long EP.  I dunno, we'll see, but I do think there is a certain logic to such a thought from a business point of view anyway.

Yeah, I know. As I said in other thread, that's how some labels are doing things lately when releasing some deluxe editions for some albums. It happened with New Found Glory, Bayside and Taking Back Sunday, for example: they just re-released their new album a year after the original release but adding like 3-4 new songs. That's it.

That's why I say that I'm pretty sure that, in case things happens as we are suggesting, the one to 'blame' is the label -so to say-, which would want to save the bulk of the new album for a total newer release in the future, instead of releasing a double CD barely a year after the original release. And, again if that happens as we are suggesting, it's not a bad idea per se -despite the initial confusion of information-, specially if we think about the possibilities that can open for the band: to have an album saved on the pocket would mean more freedom for them to rest, to write, to do side projects and for Matt to work on Alkaline Trio with less pressure on writing for blink.

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Yeah, I know. As I said in other thread, that's how some labels are doing things lately when releasing some deluxe editions for some albums. It happened with New Found Glory, Bayside and Taking Back Sunday, for example: they just re-released their new album a year after the original release but adding like 3-4 new songs. That's it.

That's why I say that I'm pretty sure that, in case things happens as we are suggesting, the one to 'blame' is the label -so to say-, which would want to save the bulk of the new album for a total newer release in the future, instead of releasing a double CD barely a year after the original release. And, again if that happens as we are suggesting, it's not a bad idea per se -despite the initial confusion of information-, specially if we think about the possibilities that can open for the band: to have an album saved on the pocket would mean more freedom for them to rest, to write, to do side projects and for Matt to work on Alkaline Trio with less pressure on writing for blink.

Still doesn't explain the fact that Mark said last week that it's eleven songs when all of this would have already been decided with the label.

• Like 1