Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

Just now, Ghent said:

Do you think Tom is mentally healthy Ghost?

Do you have the experience, proof and results to diagnose and determine without doubt that he's mentally ill, Ghent? Any interview, even, in which he hints anyhing related to that, Ghent?

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Do you have the experience, proof and results to diagnose and determine without doubt that he's mentally ill, Ghent? Any interview, even, in which he hints anyhing related to that, Ghent?

Every interview ... Tom is a lunatic, a loveable one but a lunatic just the same.

Graceful concessions, guys. We can all concede a few points every once in a while.

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Talk about a strange hill to die on. I'm not even going to touch this one. Yikes

1 minute ago, Jane said:

Right. But I always thought the style of the music fits him best and his voice never sounded better IMO.

Agree with you, totally.

I think that... that kind of... after punk? thing suits him really well, to be honest. The more he approaches it, the better. I guess is because he can sing better in lower ranges, and feels more expressive. He doesn't sound as good as he used to in high ones, IMO. Specially live. In that sense I find the last AK3 record more diverse than California, for example, except for those parts in the deluxe record in which he took a deeper tone.

• Like 1

I still think the best scenario would be to bring Tom back (if mentally sound, of course) and have Skiba play more of a background guitar role and share some vocals where needed and do his Cali material. A four piece would probably be best for all at this stage in their careers. And then if Tom went batshit again, they would know that they could survive without him as they did before.

• Like 1