Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

10 hours ago, Oliver>Skiba said:

Not at all, I just think it sets a sort of melancholic tone by replacing Tom with alien inflatables.  Mark seems lost.

Mark has been lost since 2002. His band formed a side project and dumped him from it and he harbored tremendous resentment. His showing on Untitled was not so good. Plus 44 was great but he thought it was a failure. He hung out with Pete Wentz to try to stay relevant. His TV show sucked. His move to England was stupid. 40 years old and blue hair. Writers block. Reformed Blink which operated under Tom's terms. New Blink, guitarist and writer for hire because he can't hack it.

That about sums up the sad story of Mark Hoppus.

• Wow 1

4 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Mark has been lost since 2002. His band formed a side project and dumped him from it and he harbored tremendous resentment. His showing on Untitled was not so good. Plus 44 was great but he thought it was a failure. He hung out with Pete Wentz to try to stay relevant. His TV show sucked. His move to England was stupid. 40 years old and blue hair. Writers block. Reformed Blink which operated under Tom's terms. New Blink, guitarist and writer for hire because he can't hack it.

That about sums up the sad story of Mark Hoppus.

pretty sure he’s been lost since 1999, duh

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I think Mark did great on Enema/TOYPAJ and was really full of himself.

BCR crushed his soul.

It really did, I understand it tbh.  Self Titled and +44 he had possibly his best songs but they were all depressing.  Here's your Letter and Lillian so great, but definitely all he had left and not positive songs.

11 hours ago, daveyjones said:

his move to england was excellent. if i had his cash i'd do the same. his kid got killer schooling for one. not to mention NHS, great beer...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume Mark has enough money to get top-of-the-line healthcare in any country and would likely have gotten fancy private medical care during his time in England.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, daveyjones said:

his move to england was excellent. if i had his cash i'd do the same. his kid got killer schooling for one. not to mention NHS, great beer...

Not sure why that is stupid of all things?

Not even because it's about England, why wouldn't you want to live in another country at some point if you can easily afford too? imagine it's a great experience. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume Mark has enough money to get top-of-the-line healthcare in any country and would likely have gotten fancy private medical care during his time in England.

sure. i'm just listing the wonderful things about the UK in general.

• Like 1