Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

@Ghent can you change the thread title to something like “Matt skiba appreciation thread” or something positive. This is more for the fans than the haters now and I can’t be fucked creating a new thread.

I'd say no, since I didn't create the thread. But someone kept changing the Tom Delonge Meltdown Watch Thread (a classic). So I'd say this one is fair game too

22 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

This is a good point.

However, why not play to his strengths, considering you lost tons of creativity with the departure of Tom? Cali's overall vibe is not consistent with blink's career trajectory. Not to mention the fall out boy wannabe that biomy is. HD and GD provide some glimmer of hope that the band has started to realize who they are today and that trying to recreate enema is unnecessary.

At worst this album will give me a few songs to enjoy every once in a while and I'll drop the rest. I'm more interested in them sitting down as a trio for a few months, writing songs just the three of them, taking those songs to a proper producer and working an album out like that. I don't necessarily hate the idea of bringing in multiple song writers, actually I don't care about that much at all ... however, I'd like to see whar this version of blink is capable of when left to their own devices for better or worse.

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I'd say no, since I didn't create the thread. But someone kept changing the Tom Delonge Meltdown Watch Thread (a classic). So I'd say this one is fair game too

I'm pretty sure @Clar-ke has herpes (the thread creator) has been editing the title himself. I'd say it'd be best to get @Scott.'s approval here or start a new thread.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oliver>Skiba said:

Not really though.

Just because he walked in a couple circles on stage doesn't mean he's all of a sudden Alk Matt and going to carry blink.  Just being honest here, right now all we have is BIOMY, GD, and HD.  Hard to get really optimistic based on that, seems more like this silly bubble gum experiment we are still on.

I’m not saying Matt suddenly is the best frontman in rock music but he’s doing more than just walking in circles jan. he’s interacting with mark a lot more, interacting with the crowd, moving around a lot more. He’s moved on a lot from just standing at his mic reading the TelePrompter.

Hearing some Matt improv is very cool, however it can be a hit or miss. What he did above with I Miss You was awesome and refreshing, while paying respect to the original. However, sometimes it does not work out well. BAD ONE:

Speaking of Down, does anybody else love the way Matt sings the “Rip right through me” line? Just a basic melody change but it makes the song less boring than before (outside of Tom’s outro). This acoustic show from 2016 is a perfect example of how Matt owns this song. GOOD ONE:

5 hours ago, jlx9 said:

Speaking of Down, does anybody else love the way Matt sings the “Rip right through me” line? Just a basic melody change but it makes the song less boring than before (outside of Tom’s outro). This acoustic show from 2016 is a perfect example of how Matt owns this song.

He changed the melody of the entire chorus. Sounds like he’s rambling on in conversation to someone haha. Not a fan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smalls said:

He changed the melody of the entire chorus. Sounds like he’s rambling on in conversation to someone haha. Not a fan.

He only changed the inflection on "rip right through me", everything else stayed the same.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WimpyDrivesThroughHarlem said:

He only changed the inflection on "rip right through me", everything else stayed the same.

Oops I watched the wrong down video. The non acoustic one he changes the whole chorus.

edit: the acoustic one sounds good and I like the change

2 minutes ago, Smalls said:

Oops I watched the wrong down video. The non acoustic one he changes the whole chorus.

edit: the acoustic one sounds good and I like the change

I haven't heard the electric version, I tend not to check out the live stuff since half the time you can't hear shit anyway.