Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

I just listened to it and it was pretty great! Such a nice conversation, you can tell Skiba and Toby are great friends. I wish he would invite Mark and Travis on his podcast now, it would be so cool, but I think he only invites his close friends lol

I loved the part about SD @Skiba’s in great shape, he said that as soon as he saw Mike Ness on stage (he was like 11 or 12) he knew that he wanted to be like him and he was pretty influenced by the Another State of Mind documentary, which follows Youth Brigade, Social D and Minor Threat as they go on tour in the 80s in a run down bus "when punk rock was dangerous". I saw that documentary when I was 17/18 and I loved it too.

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Thanks for posting this. I listened to about half of it today at work, and I'll probably finish it tomorrow, but I love stuff like this and I've enjoyed it so far! I wish Mark still did his podcast.

He was ahead of the time with that podcast, but he can still bring it back, especially now that podcasts are getting so popular. It would be cool. This is something we will ask him when he decides to join the boards for the Q/A 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I just listened to it and it was pretty great! Such a nice conversation, you can tell Skiba and Toby are great friends. I wish he would invite Mark and Travis on his podcast now, it would be so cool, but I think he only invites his close friends lol

I loved the part about SD @Skiba’s in great shape, he said that as soon as he saw Mike Ness on stage (he was like 11 or 12) he knew that he wanted to be like him and he was pretty influenced by the Another State of Mind documentary, which follows Youth Brigade, Social D and Minor Threat as they go on tour in the 80s in a run down bus "when punk rock was dangerous". I saw that documentary when I was 17/18 and I loved it too.

He was ahead of the time with that podcast, but he can still bring it back, especially now that podcasts are getting so popular. It would be cool. This is something we will ask him when he decides to join the boards for the Q/A 

You amaze me more and more with every post you make lol. Mike Ness is a God that is criminally under appreciated by the masses 

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I remember he randomly brought it back for a one off episode sometime after Tom left. I specifically remember him talking to John Feldmann on the podcast. All I really remember is that they talked about donuts lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I remember he randomly brought it back for a one off episode sometime after Tom left. I specifically remember him talking to John Feldmann on the podcast. All I really remember is that they talked about donuts lol

He did one that featured Matt too just after Tom left. It was just around the time of Matts first shows with blink because he mentioned the song he was most excited about playing Dysentary Gary. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

He did one that featured Matt too just after Tom left. It was just around the time of Matts first shows with blink because he mentioned the song he was most excited about playing Dysentary Gary. 

Oh yeah I thought he did one with Matt too, I just couldn't remember if it was the same one as Feldy. But yeah, I really enjoyed both of those.

Anyone know of a way to listen to the really old episodes? I'd love to revisit some of those.

10 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Oh yeah I thought he did one with Matt too, I just couldn't remember if it was the same one as Feldy. But yeah, I really enjoyed both of those.

Anyone know of a way to listen to the really old episodes? I'd love to revisit some of those.

A quick google search sent me here, but I can't assure you these are the actual episodes (even though I remember they were more than 30 episodes, I used to have them on my old computer): https://www.mediafire.com/?r44ni5eecam6042%2Cz9mun2tir08ghxa%2Cen3s3zhxzed5zn7%2Ccnvsx05sy6lorhk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

Someone asked him at one of my soundchecks last summer and he said "I don't know, everyone has one now, it's not special anymore."

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

I totally forgot Mark had a podcast, wow you guys are giving me flashbacks. That was probably the first official one I ever listened to. He introduced me to some cool music on there

I remember his myspace url was rollerpig too lol whatever the hell that meant. I think it had custom Java or something unless I'm thinking of another website he had? Anyways, Mark was doing cool stuff after the hiatus, made me want blink back even more

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I totally forgot Mark had a podcast, wow you guys are giving me flashbacks. That was probably the first official one I ever listened to. He introduced me to some cool music on there

I remember his myspace url was rollerpig too lol whatever the hell that meant. I think it had custom Java or something unless I'm thinking of another website he had? Anyways, Mark was doing cool stuff after the hiatus, made me want blink back even more

I don't remember if it was rollerpig already from the beginning or if he first used another name, but his first myspace used to be wild. there was a pretty bitter, sarcastic introduction at first and you just knew how pissed and heartbroken he still was. I could kick my ass for not screen shotting it back then, but I was a stupid teen who didn't know how much these historical moments would mean to me today, lol. I know the description said "male, 33 years old (shudder)" it stuck with me. Also there were crazy stories about pranks and stuff that became a bit weird when you realized, oh shit, that guy has a child already? He toned it down a lot, the more popular it became and turned it into a generic artist site that promoted his podcast and +44. Man I so wanna read this first introduction and the prank stories again.

He had this photo uploaded, the capture said: looking pretty straight here, huh? I'm not a 100 % sure, but judging by the jacket, this could have been taken at Travis' wedding.

mark's myspace pic.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1