Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

watching Imogen Heap make songs with her looper is really cool.

anyway, I hope somebody calls Tom and tells him what they're doing to his life's work.

Loopers take a definite degree of skill, too so people composing entire songs with them are impressive as fuck.

Just now, Ghent said:

Because nothing says "live music" like playing your part one time and looping it through the rest of the song. Not quite Ed Sheeran there

He literally played it live. So, yeah ... i mean, thats the definition of live music ...  so, you're right?

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Kansas Krew is not having a good day here.

We're just having a normal conversation while people have absolute melt downs over a variety of things, nothing out of the ordinary really

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I don't think anyone is melting down.

Matt sucks, worse than a drunk Tom, and that is quite an accomplishment, you almost have to try and be worse.

But everyone here would rather have Tom than Matt in a perfect world. But we don't live in a world where Tom has his mental health intact, so you play the cards your dealt.

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I don't think anyone is melting down.

Matt sucks, worse than a drunk Tom, and that is quite an accomplishment, you almost have to try and be worse.

What's funny is I don't even think Skiba sucks, I just think it's silly to have the backing track play the lead for you while you essentially air guitar it. The only one being outrageous here is Ghent, with his lack of understanding on backing tracks and looper effects and his doubling down. Its just an odd hill to die on.

• Like 3

For the record, I don't think the backing track thing was Skiba's idea. I'm sure he is more capable of pulling the lead off, I just dont believe his rig is capable. They probably used a prerecorded lead because it was easier than fucking with the rig for one part of one song. 

He does look a bit bored though. I really hope they let skiba be skiba for the next record and see where that goes.