Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

haha, I'd have died of happiness at 17 if an older (beautiful of course) woman fucked me. It was great enough getting action with peers.

Yeah exactly haha. I do see what other people are saying though. Hormones are all over the place at that age. An older woman can definitely take advantage of that. But there's no way guys would feel like a victim. Yeah, some of them might feel they've been abused or something. But most guys would probably brag about it to their mates.

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Taken advantage of is different than consensual sex though. At age 17 I'd have been able to make a responsible decision about fucking a 30 year old.

Totally different story if coercion or anything rapey or abuse of power is involved.

the age difference, legal aspect, and previous trusted relationship makes it more of a grey area though. coercion and abuse of power does play a factor in how he "consented" - regardless of the outcome it was illegal and she knew that. it's her responsibility. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

and you were fine with it. good for you. doesn't automatically mean others would be. 

IT WAS CONSENSUAL! 

That's the whole thing, she didn't Cosby him, he pursued it and, I'm sorry but if you can't think for yourself at 17 then you're no use to the rest of this world. I get being young and naive but personal responsibility is still a thing. 

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

IT WAS CONSENSUAL! 

That's the whole thing, she didn't Cosby him, he pursued it and, I'm sorry but if you can't think for yourself at 17 then you're no use to the rest of this world. I get being young and naive but personal responsibility is still a thing. 

I'm not arguing consent, I'm arguing that she had a position of power and trust over him and him being legally under age. She'd known him for years, he would've trusted her judgement. Yes personal responsibility is a thing, but personally at 17 I was way too fucking stupid to be making sensible choices sexually, as are most hormonal teens.

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

IT WAS CONSENSUAL! 

Do you know the encounter super well or something? Cause he described it as sexual battery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Statutory. It'd be the same if she was 18 and he was 17.

In Cali sex with a minor (under age 18) if the perpetrator is not more than three years older or younger than the victim is a misdemeanor. Sex with a minor if the perpetrator is more than three years older than the victim may be a misdemeanor or felony punishable by up to one year in prison.

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

Wait a second, this isn't just some "high school student hooked up with his hot 24 year old teacher, oh boo hoo what a tragedy" type of thing. I mean, when they first met, the guy involved was 7 and she was 27, he said their sexual encounter (which was 10 years later) was wrong and he felt manipulated and taken advantage of and that it amounted to sexual assault, right? It's not like he's out there going "THAT WAS SO SWEET, HOORAY FOR ME"

Why are we defending this person again?

I fully admit that I don't know all the details. I'm more defending the general rights of young men to consensually fuck 30 year olds lol

• Like 1

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

Do you know the encounter super well or something? Cause he described it as sexual battery.

I don't know, sexting and meeting your rapist in a hotel room, having sex and taking selfies afterward just doesnt scream helpless victim to me.

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I fully admit that I don't know all the details. I'm more defending the general rights of young men to consensually fuck 30 year olds lol

Haha I don't either, I just looked them up because some people are defending her so much for some reason. Before hearing vague details about this awhile back I had never heard anything about her to be honest.

Just so we are clear, we wouldn't be having this conversation if they had waited 10 months, right?

All that personal growth and maturation that happens between 17 years and 2 months and 18 years of age is critical!

Well he still would have felt taken advantage of, he'd just have less of a legal right to do anything about it?

5 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't know, sexting and meeting your rapist in a hotel room, having sex and taking selfies afterward just doesnt scream helpless victim to me.

By that logic, the young girl who ran away with her teacher this year wasn't screaming "helpless victim" either.

Also, you wouldn't pay somebody hundreds of thousands of dollars just because right?

Just so we are clear, we wouldn't be having this conversation if they had waited 10 months, right?

All that personal growth and maturation that happens between 17 years and 2 months and 18 years of age is critical!

Man, you really want to bang 17 year olds huh?

5 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

By that logic, the young girl who ran away with her teacher this year wasn't screaming "helpless victim" either.

Also, you wouldn't pay somebody hundreds of thousands of dollars just because right?

Man, you really want to bang 17 year olds huh?

No clue about people running away with teachers.

She paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to try and prevent it getting out she fucked a 17 year old. I'm not saying what she did was legal or right, all I'm saying is he's a big boy and made his own decisions and he isn't the traumatized victim you guys are making him out to be. 

No, I don't want to fuck anyone under 27 actually ... not for moral or legal reasons but because I've grown accustom to good sex why would I downgrade to boring sex? My wife knows herself, knows what she wants, knows what I want and its fantastic.

7 minutes ago, Speedo said:

No, I don't want to fuck anyone under 27 actually ... not for moral or legal reasons but because I've grown accustom to good sex why would I downgrade to boring sex? My wife knows herself, knows what she wants, knows what I want and its fantastic.

Asia Argento apparently disagrees.

9 minutes ago, Speedo said:

No clue about people running away with teachers.

She paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to try and prevent it getting out she fucked a 17 year old. I'm not saying what she did was legal or right, all I'm saying is he's a big boy and made his own decisions and he isn't the traumatized victim you guys are making him out to be. 

Well these teenagers seem pretty eager to run away with their 50 year old teachers. I guess we should just let them? My point is that teenagers are often too inexperienced, immature, and hormonal to always make good choices. Hopefully adults don't take advantage of that.

Not to get too personal on here, but you have kids. Would you be very cool with them sleeping with adults who knew them growing up? You know, when they're still in high school?

I think the thing that's missing is that Speedo is talking about this as if she just got "busted" in a consensual relationship with someone who is almost 18, and he doesn't think there's anything wrong with that which is a conversation I guess. But in this specific circumstance, she knew him since he was 7, she is 20 years older than him, he SAYS it was inappropriate and that she manipulated him and plied him with booze that night and that it was assault. It's not like they both were cool with it but society's "lame" rules are trying to bring them down or something.

Even after the fact, she denied it happened, then once it was proven she claimed she didn't know he was a minor. She's known him since he was 7. I mean, we don't know all the details or anything but to act like this was an appropriate hookup or something is so bizarre.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Asia Argento apparently disagrees.

Well these teenagers seem pretty eager to run away with their 50 year old teachers. I guess we should just let them? My point is that teenagers are often too inexperienced, immature, and hormonal to always make good choices. Hopefully adults don't take advantage of that.

Not to get too personal on here, but you have kids. Would you be very cool with them sleeping with adults who knew them growing up? You know, when they're still in high school?

I'm not Asia Argento ... so, okay ...

I still have not heard anything about teenagers running away with teachers, I wasn't aware there was an epidemic but I would say there's a diffence between meeting up in a hotel room to have sex with an older chick when your 17 and girls running away from home with a teacher. I think their parents would agree as well ...

I have two daughters, its not the same thing as a 17 year old guy having consensual sex with an older woman. It just isn't, thats just not how society works. No comment on societal standards there, it just isn't the same. I mean, the comparison of physical ability of a 17 year old man and a 37 year old woman alone ... its a waaay less dangerous situation for a man than it would be for a woman. I'm never going to be cool with my daughters having sex, ever, regardless of age or partner. If I had a son who was 17 and had consensual sex with an older woman then no I wouldn't be concerned as much as I would be with my daughters. I would hope he was safe about it.

Have you checked how Jimmy's father feels about it?

7 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I think the thing that's missing is that Speedo is talking about this as if she just got "busted" in a consensual relationship with someone who is almost 18, and he doesn't think there's anything wrong with that which is a conversation I guess. But in this specific circumstance, she knew him since he was 7, she is 20 years older than him, he SAYS it was inappropriate and that she manipulated him and plied him with booze that night and that it was assault. It's not like they both were cool with it but society's "lame" rules are trying to bring them down or something.

Even after the fact, she denied it happened, then once it was proven she claimed she didn't know he was a minor. She's known him since he was 7. I mean, we don't know all the details or anything but to act like this was an appropriate hookup or something is so bizarre.

No, I'm not.

I'm not even saying she wasn't legally wrong. All I'm saying is he isn't a traumatized victim, that's it. I can't stand the cunt, she killed Bourdain, fuck her but the kid made the decision as well and was old enough to think for himself. She should be prosecuted for statutory rape and he should pay back the hush money, preferably to Bourdain's kid.

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I have two daughters, its not the same thing as a 17 year old guy having consensual sex with an older woman. It just isn't, thats just not how society works. No comment on societal standards there, it just isn't the same. I mean, the comparison of physical ability of a 17 year old man and a 37 year old woman alone ... its a waaay less dangerous situation for a man than it would be for a woman. I'm never going to be cool with my daughters having sex, ever, regardless of age or partner. If I had a son who was 17 and had consensual sex with an older woman then no I wouldn't be concerned as much as I would be with my daughters. I would hope he was safe about it.

Have you checked how Jimmy's father feels about it?

He can't have "consensual" sex as he's not an adult in the state of California.

It was rape. At the end of the day, even if he says he wanted to and was okay with it or even liked it, he was raped.

I'm sure Jimmy's father isn't happy that he was groomed as a young boy and taken advantage of by a walking hypocrite. Who knows, he might be a shithead.

9 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

She hired him when he was a boy, I'm sure she knew. She wrote, acted in, and directed the fucking movie. There's no way she wasn't aware of this and how inappropriate it is.