Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

My memory is that everyone creamed over Neighborhoods right at first because we had waited so long, then it lost favor....then over time built the small but passionate fan base it has today. 

I remember some glowing initial reviews of California before the #puretrash movement began.

Aside from disabling comments on his Asia Argento posts, Skiba made an instagram post today praising AFI's Burials album and deleted it because too many people were making comments about the whole Monica Parker (Skiba's ex-wife) thing. For those who don't know, this is what allegedly happened based on an interview (the source was an old fan site. i can't confirm the legitimacy of it) with Skiba during the Crimson era:

Just to let your fans know, how did you and Monica meet? 

Well, her and I met a club one night and we hit it off. She was engaged to Davey Havok at the time. She was unhappy with him and soon found comfort in my arms. He went on tour and by the time he came back, Monica was long gone with me. She's much happier where she is.

i find it odd that he would straight up admit to that, but he has said and done so many stupid things.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kevin. said:

Aside from disabling comments on his Asia Argento posts, Skiba made an instagram post today praising AFI's Burials album and deleted it because too many people were making comments about the whole Monica Parker (Skiba's ex-wife) thing. For those who don't know, this is what allegedly happened based on an interview (the source was an old fan site. i can't confirm the legitimacy of it) with Skiba during the Crimson era:

i find it odd that he would straight up admit to that, but he has said and done so many stupid things.

in a club? I mean, how legit is this interview?

wow. i guess he's not resentful over it, but then again, he didn't have his fiancé stolen over it. I wonder if havok is bitter. maybe they joke about it?

9 hours ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

skiba is a fucking wierdo, 

and not in the good, cute kind of sense. dude creeps me out

Yeah there's something deeply wrong there, either blink level attention got to him or it exposed him, still can't tell. Either way he seems really psycho. Hates the fuck out of a lot of things too, may snap.  Possible heavy into drugs right now, looks and talks like it.

2 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

in a club? I mean, how legit is this interview?

wow. i guess he's not resentful over it, but then again, he didn't have his fiancé stolen over it. I wonder if havok is bitter. maybe they joke about it?

as i mentioned, i can't can't vouch for the legitimacy of the interview but it's something that I have seen people talk about online for over a decade. the most common story is that she left davey for matt, he married her, then he cheated on her.

those details could easily be fan fiction. it wouldn't surprise me. both fan bases have total psychos amongst them. the same way that blink's fan base is full of homophobes and racists. the only thing that is certain is skiba married davey's ex. 

regardless of what happened, i doubt there's still hostility over it. it was close to 20 years ago. i just find it odd that skiba removed the instagram post that had all of those comments mentioning it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

as i mentioned, i can't can't vouch for the legitimacy of the interview but it's something that I have seen people talk about online for over a decade. the most common story is that she left davey for matt, he married her, then he cheated on her.

those details could easily be fan fiction. it wouldn't surprise me. both fan bases have total psychos amongst them. the same way that blink's fan base is full of homophobes and racists. the only thing that is certain is skiba married davey's ex. 

regardless of what happened, i doubt there's still hostility over it. it was close to 20 years ago. i just find it odd that skiba removed the instagram post that had all of those comments mentioning it.

Oh man, AFI fans were crazy back in the day. Trio fans I found to be more.... decent? But yeah, loons in every camp.

what is actually a bit strange is how Matt once recommended a book about Nasa and about how he was so into space secrets and whatnot. Him and Tom are so alike in weird ways. They should put out a record some day.

• Like 1

I noticed that sometimes he goes on a tangent and posts a bunch of stuffs just to delete all of them on instagram. Other times he gets so obsessed with the new girls he's dating and posts all these pictures, then poof! these girls are gone a week later haha he's a weirdo but that's why we like him ?

3 hours ago, Cali Denial Cape said:

Posts creepy photos with vile chick convicted of rape and then says to slaughter all cops in the caption.

..yeah what mistunderstood guy!

Asia Argento is a psycho. She has been fired from X-Factor Italia (she was a judge) and she recently cried on tv saying that she wants her job back, that it was the kid that jumped on her and she froze and then she was forced to have sex with him. She says she's the victim and stuffs like that. She just doesn't know how to shut up. 

• Like 1