Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

6 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Hahah I honestly haven't seen or heard of many people who blame Skiba for anything about this era of Blink. The most common complaint is that he's just a complete nonfactor. Feldy is the newcomer who gets most of the hate.

He's definitely hasn't stepped up or brought anything. Also does a shit job on guitar.

Feldmann is a horrible fit, but at least he's trying and honestly just doing his thing/being himself.  You can knock his style, but that's his style. More Mark/Travis's fault for allowing him to take over so much.  

• Like 1

It honestly still feels bizarre to me that Matt Skiba is in Blink 182. And it's been 4 years!!? Like what is his place in this band? Does he enjoy it? Is he interested in the music they're making? Does he feel any ownership of the band and if not, does he want to or is Blink a fun way to cash some big checks? On a personal level it working as well as they all hoped?

The whole situation still seems off for some reason haha, even taking into account how ANYONE would feel different as a replacement member. So much attention has gone to Feldy that I still feel like I barely know Skiba's vibe as a part of Blink 182.

• Like 4

There´s something unique about Skiba´s work, but sadly it hasn´t been reflected in almost any blink song, live, he has added a few touches here and there and i think he´s doing a much better job than Tom post-reunion.

But his songwriters skills still hasn´t show somehow, i hope he step up and add his ow style on the next records.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Scott. said:

What is this guy offering? Is he just a yes man? A complete and utter sell out. 

He's gently offering his hand to grab the money.

Jesus, I never thought I'd be seeing Skiba doing something like this.

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

He's gently offering his hand to grab the money.

Jesus, I never thought I'd be seeing Skiba doing something like this.

There is no point to him. Is he even adding anything? Does he write any lyrics? He barely plays guitar. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone cares, Matt hasn’t posted on social media since May 10. This would mean nothing but considering he usually spams his account almost everyday, it’s kind of odd. Someone suggested that it was because he didn’t want to get caught up in Tom drama since Tom made some rumors of returning, which of course leads to blink fans having a meltdown.

Doubt it would be over the Tom stuff, but he had a few posts in a row of new Blink BIOMY/Weezy Tour where he was getting destroyed in the comments, and then also had to disable comments on his post with his apparent gf... so I'd guess just a nice healthy break from social media lol. Or just too busy living that Italia life to care about crying fans!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Doubt it would be over the Tom stuff, but he had a few posts in a row of new Blink BIOMY/Weezy Tour where he was getting destroyed in the comments, and then also had to disable comments on his post with his apparent gf... so I'd guess just a nice healthy break from social media lol. Or just too busy living that Italia life to care about crying fans!

I think that's it.

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah it’s like that. I almost forgot about the debate with her. The BIOMY/Lil Wayne tour reception has been bad but I’m sure he’s desensitized by now lol.