Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

Ya I kind of agree.  At first he was just replacing Tom for a show or two.  So I viewed it as just a cool experiment, combining elements from two of my favorite bands.

then they released an album and they talk about other people writing their songs.  Going on 2 tours for a mediocre album.  It's all a cash grab and while I can't really fault them, it's ruining blinks legacy

It's all a big cash grab. They did it while Tom was there (and Tom was the main guy doing it to fund his other projects) and now they do it as well. This band has not much in common with Blink we used to know. They kept the name because this generates much better sales, more media coverage,...

3 hours ago, Mau5 said:

Theres a second Sekrets album? Hey remember when Matt came out shitfaced for his first show? Good times.

blink should have AK3 open for them - why dont they do that?! 

They did in 2001, TOYPAJ tour. I remember it. I remember Matt with his black hair and red pants. It's just a blur though was just waiting for NFG and then Blink. Wasn't paying much attention.

I guess hair is blur to Matt too now... hahaha.

When I see relatively recent performances as this (just to not throw here 2005 or 2003 ones), it's when I really realize how different Matt feels to be watched outside Alkaline Trio. By the way, nice acoustic set. Pretty solid.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

^new lows achieved^

shambles. absolute shambles.

I forgot you have your tongue up Skiba's ass...

You such a tool man. Nobody is allowed to criticize anything related with new Blink.

To sum it up:

Wearing sunglasses inside is just stupid and I laugh about people doing it, doesn't matter who is doing it  

As a man putting on make up is ridiculous. If you see some guy running around like that in your town I'm sure you would look as well...

I mean people rant about Tom's teeth so you should be able to handle that...as I said I like some of Matt's music and I got the impression that he is a cool dude but I don't have to like everything he does and all the things he is involved with. 

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Next thing you know you will change your username to "mattskibaisaGAYFAGGOT"

Isn't that how it goes?

Lol. Ah it's the word "gay" you are picky about. It is pretty clear that "gay" was used as a swearword...you can insert "bullshit" or any other word you may like...stop that nitpicking and fake "political correctness" on a Blink message board.