Scott.

We need to talk about Matt Skiba

If Feldmann was in the band it would feel more authentic, because even if they released the exact same record only with Feldmann singing all of Skiba's parts, at least the music would have been written by an actual member of blink-182.

I wouldn't have liked it any better, but at least it wouldn't feel so fake to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

If Feldmann was in the band it would feel more authentic, because even if they released the exact same record only with Feldmann singing all of Skiba's parts, at least the music would have been written by an actual member of blink-182.

I wouldn't have liked it any better, but at least it wouldn't feel so fake to me.

Be careful about what you wish, hahaha.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

And his voice would contrast with Mark's more than Sk-WAIT WHAT AM I DOING!?!?

• Like 1

Hahah I honestly haven't seen or heard of many people who blame Skiba for anything about this era of Blink. The most common complaint is that he's just a complete nonfactor. Feldy is the newcomer who gets most of the hate.

6 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Hahah I honestly haven't seen or heard of many people who blame Skiba for anything about this era of Blink. The most common complaint is that he's just a complete nonfactor. Feldy is the newcomer who gets most of the hate.

He's definitely hasn't stepped up or brought anything. Also does a shit job on guitar.

Feldmann is a horrible fit, but at least he's trying and honestly just doing his thing/being himself.  You can knock his style, but that's his style. More Mark/Travis's fault for allowing him to take over so much.  

• Like 1

It honestly still feels bizarre to me that Matt Skiba is in Blink 182. And it's been 4 years!!? Like what is his place in this band? Does he enjoy it? Is he interested in the music they're making? Does he feel any ownership of the band and if not, does he want to or is Blink a fun way to cash some big checks? On a personal level it working as well as they all hoped?

The whole situation still seems off for some reason haha, even taking into account how ANYONE would feel different as a replacement member. So much attention has gone to Feldy that I still feel like I barely know Skiba's vibe as a part of Blink 182.

• Like 4

There´s something unique about Skiba´s work, but sadly it hasn´t been reflected in almost any blink song, live, he has added a few touches here and there and i think he´s doing a much better job than Tom post-reunion.

But his songwriters skills still hasn´t show somehow, i hope he step up and add his ow style on the next records.

• Like 1