9.  Always

10. Go

12. I'm Lost Without You

11. Easy Target

13. Here's Your Letter

14. All of This

15. Fallen Interlude

4 hours ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

Why does Stockholm crack your 90s Blink standards but not Feeling This, Easy Target?  Just curious.

beats me. i think that track is a rocker.

feeling this was just so been there, done that. carousel / m+m's / dammit / what's my age again / man overboard. they went back to the well one too many times with I–V–vi–IV.

easy target struck me as meh.

14 hours ago, daveyjones said:

feeling this was just so been there, done that. carousel / m+m's / dammit / what's my age again / man overboard. they went back to the well one too many times with I–V–vi–IV.

So strange haha. Even if they use the same chord progression/shape, those songs sound nothing alike to me.

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

those songs sound nothing alike to me.

i'm an ear musician, and i "see" the chords visually, in my head, when i listen to music. even when i hear a song for the first time. i'm not sure if this is a gift or an affliction, but it most definitely alters the way i appreciate music. and it certainly doesn't slow down people mocking me for my preferences on this site!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

oh i see / hear them in context. they're simply dominant, and that biases how i process music, certainly.

In a way I know what you mean. Whenever I hear that chord progression in a song I tend to write it off almost immediately. A lot of the time it just strikes me as lazy writing, but then again there are some amazing songs with that chord progression.

11 hours ago, daveyjones said:

oh i see / hear them in context. they're simply dominant, and that biases how i process music, certainly.

I suffer with it too sometimes but I think it depends on the other elements. if its so bog standard straight forward obvious then I tend to switch off to it but Feeling This has enough going on for me to be comfortable with it, especially the vocal trade offs towards the end. 

• Like 1

Very very very hard....

All of This

Violence

Stockholm Syndrome

Here's Your Letter

I Miss You

Not Now

Always

I'm Lost Without You

Easy Target

Down

Go

Asthenia

Feeling This

Obvious

The Fallen Interlude

7 hours ago, Kay said:

I suffer with it too sometimes but I think it depends on the other elements. if its so bog standard straight forward obvious then I tend to switch off to it but Feeling This has enough going on for me to be comfortable with it, especially the vocal trade offs towards the end. 

one could argue that the verses carry the song.