MISERY official track OUT NOW!

Aria

4 hours ago, decisions said:

I'm actually surprised how many people dislike Parking Lot on here. I mean don't get me wrong it's nothing spectacular but at least it's a mediocre punk song unlike the majority of California, I bet it is one of the better, riskier, least poppy songs on the Deluxe considering the original album, so fasten your seatbelts.

Parking Lot is not risky, it's poppy as fuck and predictable. And I don't think people over here actually need Blink to make punk songs, since the genre is realy stale

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

People dislike it because A. it's incredibly childish and cheesy. B. its thematically and vocally identical to the rest of California and C. its them trying to sound like Neck Deep, which is embarrassing for the band that 'perfected' pop punk for the mainstream.

They're bucking trends, not creating them. I actually don't hate Parking Lot, it's definitely not the worst of the new stuff, but its more of the same selling out nonsense and it isn't infuriating because we're all butt hurt - we want them to sing about their age because it's cringey as hell when they don't, we want them to write more serious stuff because this forced "woo we're teenagers" gimic is not relatable, and it's not genuine. plus a lot of fans feel blink was at it's best when they took themselves slightly more seriously. 

The biggest reason people are upset, though - blink is capable of much better. we know it, but apparently they don't, and that's depressing as hell. 

All this and also it's not blink with Matt. Sorry, no tom no blink

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

All this and also it's not blink with Matt. Sorry, no tom no blink

I know that's how a lot of people feel and a part of me does but ultimately he destroyed blink, and he's never coming back, and in his current state we shouldn't want him back. I think Skiba could be great in blink - if he was allowed to. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kay said:

its them trying to sound like Neck Deep, which is embarrassing for the band that 'perfected' pop punk for the mainstream.

Neck Deep do this style of pop punk much better than blink-182, which is very sad. 

Blink used to be the trendsetter, now they're just an average pop punk band. Another face in the crowd. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

Blink without mark or tom is just ridiculous. Matt does not fit.

That's your opinion which is fine ...But with Tom there's no blink and with Matt there is ...And alot of people like the band with Matt me included.

They made a safe album this time round which is understandable but I'm sure the next album will be more experimental as there's no pressure to release a mutual sound to please the wider audience as they have already achieved what they needed with California and that's to be relevant again...

This whole no tom no blink is pathetic ...Have your no blink then and don't listen or bitch about them then... Because if you don't want Matt in blink in the first place your going to try your hardest to hate everything.

• Like 6

hahaha yeah for real. If California was released with Tom yodels and instead of Matt singing, the bots would truly be eating this up.

The Tom attachment runs deep with these people. It's a hard cord for them to cut.

• Like 2

I think it would be even more pathetic with Tom because it would be even MORE obvious and blatant that they gave up on making anything original that pushed their sound, in favor of taking the easy way out. With Matt it's at least plausible to think of it as a "reset" of the band.

• Like 1

I think I'd hate it more if Tom was responsible, at least with Matt and the Feldmann angle there are reasons for why it could have gone badly or been a misstep. if blink had done this alone without feldmann and with Tom I'd probably wash my hands of them completely. 

• Like 1

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

Tom even on his best day couldn't' salvage this...

Thing is, if the demos record is an indication of what Tom wanted to do, then California would somehow be even worse.

5 hours ago, Kay said:

People dislike it because A. it's incredibly childish and cheesy. B. its thematically and vocally identical to the rest of California and C. its them trying to sound like Neck Deep, which is embarrassing for the band that 'perfected' pop punk for the mainstream.

They're bucking trends, not creating them. I actually don't hate Parking Lot, it's definitely not the worst of the new stuff, but its more of the same selling out nonsense and it isn't infuriating because we're all butt hurt - we want them to sing about their age because it's cringey as hell when they don't, we want them to write more serious stuff because this forced "woo we're teenagers" gimic is not relatable, and it's not genuine. plus a lot of fans feel blink was at it's best when they took themselves slightly more seriously. 

The biggest reason people are upset, though - blink is capable of much better. we know it, but apparently they don't, and that's depressing as hell. 

Why would anyone be expecting anything different from extra songs added to the same album as a deluxe album. If they had an extra album of different sounding material, they'd have released a separate new album.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So if Tom rejoins and they work with Feldmann we can finally wash our hands of all the complainers here?

hmmm, something to consider!

Oh no we'd still be complaining, don't you worry. 

• Like 2